Anyone tried the new craft beers in 7-Eleven?

• 10 months later...
On 4/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, wgdanson said:

I have been drinking this for YEARS. But they have changed the recipe this year and now it is <deleted>. Only 61 Bht in Tesco for 620 ml bottle though.

The original Federbrau tasted way better. It had a hoppier flavour. Now it's absolute rubbish for the money you pay.

• Like 2

I have been drinking this for YEARS. But they have changed the recipe this year and now it is . Only 61 Bht in Tesco for 620 ml bottle though.
Now as you say it, I noticed some different taste but blamed it on probably too much beers that evening.
Do you have any source that they changed the recipe?
I think before it had generally more bodied taste and bitterness. Now it just bland and flat as all other Thai beers.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, RickBradford said:

I wish I could find more places that stock Beer Lao, still my favorite, either light or dark varieties.

Beer Lao dark is fantastic. Unfortunately it is more expensive than the local beers, therefore people think twice before buying it. The local breweries (government) make sure that the imported beers are sold at a higher price than the local stuff. Market protection I guess.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:10 PM, moontang said:

U beer seemed to have bombed.  Went to a carlsberg promo a few years ago, and that was better than the federbrau, imo.  The 620 THB per case tigers are best all around for me.

Agreed. U beer is way too sweet and lacks flavour. Carlsberg is way better than Federbrau, just I don't see it much lately. And Tiger beer is way to go. For price and value it stands out from the crowd. 

14 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

Agreed. U beer is way too sweet and lacks flavour. Carlsberg is way better than Federbrau, just I don't see it much lately. And Tiger beer is way to go. For price and value it stands out from the crowd. 

cant go wrong with a singha, either...very consistent.

44 minutes ago, moontang said:

cant go wrong with a singha, either...very consistent.

Very consistent, but then so is paraquat.

Singha is my avoid-at-all-costs beer; heaven knows what they put in it, but I get a sharp headache off only a couple of bottles.

6 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Very consistent, but then so is paraquat.

Singha is my avoid-at-all-costs beer; heaven knows what they put in it, but I get a sharp headache off only a couple of bottles.

It is a little on the sweet side, and does go better with some spicy food, but so do heiny and tiger.  I think Singha qualifies as a premium brand, as does Tiger..and many 711 do not sell tiger...so what then?

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

:crazy:

You be 'a pullin' moi leg surely?

:w00t:

Malaysian Guinness at the same price would be good, but it is more like 240 per pint...and I will continue to drink fresh cold made in Thailand beers.