Online 90 Day Report Stuck on Pending

Greenside

Did mine online (the latest version of the site seems to work well) with about 10 days before the reporting deadline and downloaded the completed page with the transaction number as they suggest.  No email arrived after more than a week and the site still showed the application as "Pending" so I went over to Prom this afternoon to find out what the situation was.  The place was packed with standing room only inside and a long line to the paper checking/number giving girls so I just chose a helper at random outside Room 5, away from the crowds.  After some debate, they sent me down to room 2 which was disturbingly signed as the one for reporting deaths, but a lady there checked my paperwork and sent me the proper email on the spot.  If you find yourself in the same situation you now know where to go.

So you used the online reporting, and it did not work, so you went to Immigration in person.

Two words - Post Office

How many times do we get to hear this same story - only the characters change.

The story - Never

Oh wow, the post office?  Why didn't I think of that?

I could have got all the paperwork together, driven to Nong Hoi or Saraphi waited in line and... wait a minute, Promenada is more or less just across the road from my kids's school so ever so much quicker to pop in and get it done in person if online fails for some reason.

Thanks for the advice, though. :smile:

I filed my 90 day report online just after midnight today, the 3rd April being the earliest date permitted. Very pleasantly surprised to receive the email confirming approval in mid-afternoon. 

My previous online report in January took 4 days to be processed/approved.

Suits me sir!

Online report seems to be very hit-and-miss.  Our most recent attempt had Hubby's report sitting in the pending status for four days and then while he was taking a shower to get ready to go to Prom, it moved into approved status.  You just never know.  They like to mess with us.

8 hours ago, Greenside said:

Oh wow, the post office?  Why didn't I think of that?

I could answer that but feeling magnanimous

8 hours ago, NancyL said:

Online report seems to be very hit-and-miss.

That is why my 2 word recommendation

15 years never a problem

10 hours ago, NancyL said:

Online report seems to be very hit-and-miss.  Our most recent attempt had Hubby's report sitting in the pending status for four days and then while he was taking a shower to get ready to go to Prom, it moved into approved status.  You just never know.  They like to mess with us.

How does one get approval notification in the shower?...

Asking for a friend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

How does one get approval notification in the shower?...

Asking for a friend...

It was just circumstance.  On the fourth day that it was still showing "Pending" he decided he'd better get cleaned up and go out to Prom.  Once ready, he thought he should take one more look and presto, someone had Imm. had approved his application during the time he was in the shower.  

22 hours ago, canthai55 said:

So you used the online reporting, and it did not work, so you went to Immigration in person.

Two words - Post Office

How many times do we get to hear this same story - only the characters change.

The story - Never

Im sure this has also been asked/answered a million times as well, but when using PO, do they mail you back a new little paper with the "next appearance due date" on it to put into your passport or how does that work? It would not surprise me in the least if you had to go in an pick that up in person at the IO.

1 hour ago, Finisheed said:

Im sure this has also been asked/answered a million times as well, but when using PO, do they mail you back a new little paper with the "next appearance due date" on it to put into your passport or how does that work? It would not surprise me in the least if you had to go in an pick that up in person at the IO.

You include a stamped self addressed envelope for them to mail you back a new 90 day receipt which has your next due date...

In theory... :coffee1: