Renewing my 1 year extension based on marriage question

Hi,

My 1 year extension of stay based on marriage will expire in August this year.  

I have read conflicting pieces of information about the length of time I need to have the 400k thb in the account.  Some say 2 months while others say 3 months as it is not your first 1 year extension.  Does anybody know with certainty the answer to this?

If it makes any difference I will be extending at the Phetchabun immigration office which is the same one I used last year.

On a side not my UK tax return will show well in excess of the 40k thb per month income required.  I have not before tried to use this as an option to get the extension.  Is it a simple process to get this tax return verified by the British Embassy and does it need to get translated and go to the MFA as well to be accepted in an extension application?  

thanks in advance for any help

It is 2 months for every extension of stay based upon marriage. The 60 days and 3 months is for retirement.

You will have to get a income letter from the UK embassy to prove 40k baht income. Instructions for doing it by mail is here. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

You should check with Phetchabun immigration about needing to have the signature on the letter verified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. It does not need to be translated.