Latest law on W.P as proof of address.

Hi all, just bought another vehicle from Toyota. When trying to get the name change done they tell me I need to go to Immigration and get proof of residence document.

2 years ago when I bought my other car, my work permit was enough. Anyone here had a recent experience with this? Have they changed the rules again?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Well if they are so are Honda.They tell folks that too that live in rented houses.

Maybe your dealer does. But in general Honda will not say that.

WP is perfectly ok for certificate of address.

• Like 1

On 5.4.2018 at 6:56 AM, stevenl said:

Toyota is wrong.

Some of those dealers have a very limited knowledge of the rules for foreigners.

Just know the main stream.

Tell them to get informed or you have to find another dealer.

Limited knowledge:

last year I bought a small motorcycle at Honda.

I handed yellow book, pink card and passport.

(our DLT accepts yellow book anytime, I don't have a WP)

They gave me back the passport, "not needed".

???

Two days later a phone call: can you come with passport please :biggrin:

20 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Fortunately i dont have anything to do with the Working Class here.Just retired folk, and thats what they tell me they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So you have no clue what you're talking about, but still feel the need to comment, giving confusing information.

Confusing?.My friend has been here 25 years living in same Hotel . He takes PPort to lmegratio every 2 years , gets bit o paper an buys his new cars. Clear enough .I dont know how non one year folks get on anmitedly.

On 9.4.2018 at 11:18 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Confusing?

In your first post in this thread you said that Honda does not accept a work permit as address confirmation. Then in your second post you say you don't have a work permit because you just retired in Thailand.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, stevenl said:

Maybe your dealer does. But in general Honda will not say that.

WP is perfectly ok for certificate of address.

When you buy a car you're buying from the dealer, not from Honda so it doesn't really matter what Honda says or doesn't say.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Fortunately i dont have anything to do with the Working Class here.Just retired folk, and thats what they tell me they need.

You obviously don't know what "Working Class" means or what having to have a WP means either.   "Working" does not place you in a particular social class.

Instead of posting hearsay about what other "folk" and your friend tells you, why not post what you actually know to be the case or not at all?  You know it makes sense.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You obviously don't know what "Working Class" means or what having to have a WP means either.   "Working" does not place you in a particular social class.

Instead of posting hearsay about what other "folk" and your friend tells you, why not post what you actually know to be the case or not at all?  You know it makes sense.

Im so sorry, most of us were shirking class, but i have an aversion to Ferang bum  Teachers here, and Border Runners, Boiler Hause n E Beggars and anyone whoes not paid, or paying taxes back home. They are *just weird* to us retired folk.!!

14 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Im so sorry, most of us were shirking class, but i have an aversion to Ferang bum  Teachers here, and Border Runners, Boiler Hause n E Beggars and anyone whoes not paid, or paying taxes back home. They are *just weird* to us retired folk.!!

So again no clue, but still feel the need to comment.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 10:58 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Well if they are so are Honda.They tell folks that too that live in rented houses.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:40 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

22 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Yes i do. A WP has nothing to do with buying a vehicle here.

So clearly no, you don't.