DLT confirms its intolerance of taxi drivers rejecting passengers

webfact

13 hours ago, Stokakrishna said:

If they lock their doors, problem solved. I refuse talk through the window to such <deleted>.

But it had nevrr actually happened to me. I always get in through the back doors.  

In thailand anything could get you in

troubles. Even smile could be  a reason for trouble. When i get in the taxi i assume the worst. So far been ok.   

At least i do something. I take photo, i get in the taxi.

Not just whinging: ohh i couldnt take photo cause they driver let me in...

What da <deleted>?? Are you like 5 year old??? 

In your country, do you get in first or also  talk through the window??

Keep up the great work Batman.

Just Friday at 3 am.  Taxi at Suvarnabumi quoted 400 to go to sukumvit 53.  I said must use meter.   He did.  Fare was 225.  I gave him 300.     

My mode of operation is to talk through open window or door.  I make sure they will use meter before I get in.   I have more issues with meter than plain denial of service.  But I do get that.  

• Like 1

I take taxis all the time in Bangkok and have experienced the usual- no go; no meter; just driving past when the red light is on; turning the red light off when you attempt to flag them.

I have also had many conversations with taxi drivers and it all boils down to money- they have so many hours to make a decent living. They refuse certain destinations at certain hours due to traffic conditions- they can't make up the difference if stuck in traffic for long periods at certain times. And the traffic has continued to get worse as more cars enter the road. In addition the BTS is over crowded and the management is not interested in adding more cars to ease the congestion.

The only real solution is:

1. Raise the taxi rates and tell the drivers no more rejection and increase the fines to 5000 Baht.

2.  Force the BTS and MRT to add more cars to ease the overcrowding and run earlier and later schedules. Enforce the bus lane during the rush hours. Consider a central city pricing system similar to Singapore

3.  Adopt a single smart card system for all the expressways- you get the card when you enter and pay at your exit- the silly stopping every few Kilometers in the inner city to pay 15; 25; and 40 baht at intervals causes huge traffic jams.

4.  Provide tunnels or flyovers at the worst intersections- starting with the Asoke intersection- it has been jammed for 50 years.

Bangkok residents are currently worn out trying to move within the city and Bangkok tourist are overwhelmed trying to figure it all out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peperobi said:

In many countries of the world, the taxi drivers are obligated to carrying any guests (in case they refuse it, they can lose the taxi license), they have the right to refuse only drunk peoples.

They are obligated in Thailand too, but no-one ever enforces anything. THAT is the difference.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:04 PM, darksidedog said:

Well, I guess that is a start, though not stopping to pick up passengers is only one aspect of the poor service provided by the drivers.

Maybe it would be a smarter move to highlight ALL the grievances passengers experience, issue a penalty system for all of them, and then we might be able to get a taxi, actually pay the metered rate and get to our destination  without drama.

I'm not aware of the percentage of incidents being reported or the percentage of those being acted on but any effort to clean up the poor performance by taxi drivers is only effective if it can be enforced. I doubt the percentages are very high or we would be seeing a greater turn around in compliance although I could b wrong. It surely is a worthwhile goal and I applaud the efforts.

On 06/04/2018 at 10:52 AM, ratcatcher said:

The information should include the vehicle's license plate, the driver’s name and the date and time of the incident.

รูà¸�ภาà¸�à¸�ีà¹�à¹�à¸�ีà¹�ยวà¸�à¹�อà¸�รูà¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸à¸µà¹à¹à¸à¸µà¹à¸¢à¸§à¸à¹à¸­à¸

9 times out of 10 the only resemblance between the displayed card and the driver is that both come from Buriram...:smile:

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2018 at 9:39 AM, mikebell said:

So that's another problem solved.

Trying to persuade any driver on soi 4 Nana to use a meter is like trying to knit fog.  And don't get me started on Pattaya cabs aided and abetted by Pattaya Plod.

No problem in Bangkok. In Pattaya only problem and taxi cheats.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:30 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

If you are not picking up passengers why is it so hard to turn the light off.

My guess is that the meter starts running, when the light is off. The driver will have to explain where the money for the trip without the "free" light is gone, when he returns the car to the owner.