In Cambodia, fears tarantula may go off the menu

geovalin

SKUN, Cambodia: While a plate piled high with hairy, palm-sized tarantulas is the stuff of nightmares for some, these garlic fried spiders are a coveted treat in Cambodia, where the only fear is that they may soon vanish due to deforestation and unchecked hunting.

Taking a bite out of the plump arachnids has become a popular photo-op for squealing tourists who pass through Skun, the central Cambodian town nicknamed "Spiderville" for its massive market of creepy crawlers.

read more https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/in-cambodia--fears-tarantula-may-go-off-the-menu-10110650

8 minutes ago, geovalin said:

SKUN, Cambodia: While a plate piled high with hairy, palm-sized tarantulas is the stuff of nightmares for some, these garlic fried spiders are a coveted treat in Cambodia, where the only fear is that they may soon vanish due to deforestation and unchecked hunting.

I'm sure there's plenty more on the world wide web.

• Haha 2

I admit on a bus from Phnom Penh to wherever we went, I did give to my lady's exhortations   to try the leg of a grasshopper..   One leg and never again.

Future generations are welcomed  and encouraged to indulge in the health and environmental  positive aspects of bug diets. 

I'll stick to my unhealthy Western diet as long as I can afford it.