Video: Not a care in the world! But what if it was your relative was in the ambulance?

rooster59

On 07/04/2018 at 10:51 AM, apalink_thailand said:

Long ago, I asked some Thai friends why this happens. I was told that it was common knowledge that ambulance drivers ALWAYs have their sirens and light on because they want to get through traffic quicker. Even if they aren’t travelling to/from an emergency. In other words, they are not responsible ambulance drivers so people think they are cheating and then just ignore them on the road.

I believe that is just a selfish rationalisation to absolve them for being inconsiderate wilfully and cheerfully endangering another person's life.

1st. I saw many ambulances driving around with flashing light always!

2nd. Many places along the road using the red and blue flashing light to show they are open!

3th. Many private cars using the red and blue flashing light to get free road!

So is important to educate all the drivers but more important is to educate the ambulance drivers, they do not have to use the flashing light just to go to Mc Donalds!

Take away all the flashing light along the road and stop all the peoples that using the flashing light while driving!

• Thanks 1

A year or so ago a farang poster on TV told me several times that there is no law here against undertaking.

He was very insistent but wasn't able to quote the specific law, as there might just not be a law against it.

It is really a side issue as almost nobody obeys the law then there is one, and no laws are enforced unless there is money in it.

Then there are new (made up) laws that depend on who the official is you have to deal with.

Connect4 and dart boards to name a couple recent ones.

The whole justice system is a joke.

But I love the weather.

:burp:

On 4/6/2018 at 11:42 PM, NCC1701A said:

10,000 baht fine.

next case.

Or prison if the patient in the ambulance dies as a result of the failure to obey the law by the offender. For some of these people money has no meaning as they are either very wealthy or have no intention to pay....but prison time, that would be a very uncomfortable solution. Something with teeth in it is the only way to get some people to follow the law.

• Like 1