What To Bring ?

jaiyenyen

Hi

I will be moving to Thailand from England in the next couple of months, and whilst i love Thai food, there are times when you just want some home cooking.

I intend bringing my slo-cooker with some Colemans packet sauce mixes, and some packets of cadbury's Smash. Any idea's for anything else to bring ?

Thanks

I mostly eat Thai food but every now and again I like traditional Pork sausages but they just don't taste the same without some good Hot English Mustard so don't forget that. The stuff on the shelves here are all French, American or German and it's just not the same.

when you just want some home cooking.

I intend bringing my slo-cooker with some Colemans packet sauce mixes, and some packets of cadbury's Smash.

Home cooking :o

What sort of home is that,a dogs home :D

Electrical appliances are all available in Thailand, why carry the weight.( room for more sauce :D )

I intend bringing my slo-cooker with some Colemans packet sauce mixes, and some packets of cadbury's Smash.

Electrical appliances are all available in Thailand, why carry the weight.( room for more sauce :D )

You must know my ex-wife :D

I looked around for a slo-cooker in Thailand but couldn't find one. Any idea's?

You didn't look very hard.....

Any of the major department stores have them

Ok thanks

i'll open my eyes next time

Never seen a decent one sold in Bangkok in the 5 years i have lived here, i must admit though i never realy looked for one, however going by what i have seen while browsing other electrical goods in power buy etc they are not up to much.

Tetley tea bags eh Moss.

Got mine now cheers mate. And the biccies, I'll be on the balcony with my tea and biccies tomorrow. :o

If you don't like yellow label tea bring some good english tea of your own.

Leave the slo-cooker they've got them here, and Smash? Are you a Troll? :D

Tetley tea bags eh Moss.

Got mine now cheers mate. And the biccies, I'll be on the balcony with my tea and biccies tomorrow. :o

Glad to hear it Robbo, enjoy.

Smash, Gawd-oh-flaming-mighty.

LOS, where you you can buy the finest foods or fresh cooking in the world on any street corner and you bring Smash, are you bringing the tin aliens with you :D

Only kidding, enjoy your trip and travels.

Good Luck

Moss

Tetley tea bags eh Moss.

Glad to hear it Robbo, enjoy.

Smash, Gawd-oh-flaming-mighty.

LOS, where you you can buy the finest foods or fresh cooking in the world on any street corner and you bring Smash, are you bringing the tin aliens with you :D

Only kidding, enjoy your trip and travels.

Good Luck

Moss

OK Moss, i hear you, maybe smash is a bad idea :D

Thanks for the advice

What is smash?

I agree with the gang: Leave the heavy stuff at home and bring packets of comfort stuff. Is the electrical current same same anyway? Also you did not say where you will live. If you go to BKK, you can find almost anything, but the rural markets don't have many foreign things like sour cream, cheese, etc. Ask Tutsi Warrior. Agreed, bring dry mustard (but store in the fridge). And I can not get over Brits' predilection for Bisto. Tastes like chemical cow pee thickened with chemical flour to me. What is wrong with making gravy from pan drippings? More than enough from a roast even if you use some for the Yorkshire.

Edit PS: We have a discussion on slow cookers, etc in the western food forum.

Edited by Jet Gorgon

What is smash?

I agree with the gang: Leave the heavy stuff at home and bring packets of comfort stuff. Is the electrical current same same anyway? Also you did not say where you will live. If you go to BKK, you can find almost anything, but the rural markets don't have many foreign things like sour cream, cheese, etc. Ask Tutsi Warrior. Agreed, bring dry mustard (but store in the fridge). And I can not get over Brits' predilection for Bisto. Tastes like chemical cow pee thickened with chemical flour to me. What is wrong with making gravy from pan drippings? More than enough from a roast even if you use some for the Yorkshire.

Edit PS: We have a discussion on slow cookers, etc in the western food forum.

Jet, I'm ashamed of you, for someone who put me in touch with one of Somerset Maughns most beautiful whimsies and yet not know what Smash is ??? The very epitome of our culture, so in order to aid your education I have attached a clip.

post-7438-1169856725_thumb.jpg

I mostly eat Thai food but every now and again I like traditional Pork sausages but they just don't taste the same without some good Hot English Mustard so don't forget that. The stuff on the shelves here are all French, American or German and it's just not the same.

Try Yorkies in Jomtien. They sell REAL sausages.

Jet, I'm ashamed of you, for someone who put me in touch with one of Somerset Maughns most beautiful whimsies and yet not know what Smash is ??? The very epitome of our culture, so in order to aid your education I have attached a clip.

Oh...like Carnation instant mashed potatoes in a bag that you just add hot water to and tastes like something served in a Dickensian workhouse? Sounds kind of putrid, like mushy peas and Bisto... :o

Hi

I will be moving to Thailand from England in the next couple of months, and whilst i love Thai food, there are times when you just want some home cooking.

I intend bringing my slo-cooker with some Colemans packet sauce mixes, and some packets of cadbury's Smash. Any idea's for anything else to bring ?

Thanks

Are you a marmite lover or hater? If you are a lover, take one of those £4 quid jars. You can only get the Aussie version that's like Vegemite! If you're anything like me, one of those huge jars should keep you going for a month or so (with restricted use), lol.

Birds custard powder to make with boiling water, some rashers of bacon, and a lump of chedder,oxo's, Robinsons squash, you can get copies but not the same as the real thing, their custard powder you make with milk.

Morrison's in England do a good custard powder too, don't know if there's a Morrison's in LOS. HP sauce for your bacon and dumpling mix. I can't even get good bacon in Germany and they've never heard of pies or good Irish pork bangers.