Students ripped off in 4 million baht loan fraud - they were promised 100% interest in 15 days!

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Yea, lets blame the victims!       I agree they were greedy and not very smart  but how about the con artist?     Don't you think she should be up for a little scorn too?

No not really 

This ain't the first time this has been done

I'm sure they were smart enough to understand the news on TV of other such promises

They didn't do their home work & thought 100% returns were achievable, but couldn't work out why banks can't even offer 10 %

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

No not really 

This ain't the first time this has been done

I'm sure they were smart enough to understand the news on TV of other such promises

They didn't do their home work & thought 100% returns were achievable, but couldn't work out why banks can't even offer 10 %

banks is per annum, not every 2 weeks.

67.108.863 times revenue on the investment per annum.
Good idea, where is this again ?.

Edited by KKr

You would've thought the regular reccurence of these scams in the news would be deterrent enough, even without figuring out the scam from first principles. Still, peculiar psychological mechanisms at work, I suppose, in these "associate" scams involving friends, friends of friends, and family. I remember reading comments by some Pattaya farang, caught up with others in an investment scam, and it was like "but he was our mate".

14 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

But when she put in 20,000 that was the end of that - the fraudster disappeared without a trace.

The 20,000 baht gangsters. 

Better make that 15,500 gangsters as 4,500 interest was received from the first two loans 

On 9/4/2561 at 7:21 PM, overherebc said:

As students what were they studying, finance?

I've had bachelor of business administration (BBA) students tell me about there schemes scams several times over several years. Some ask me to invest.

Some can be convinced that it cannot possibly be genuine, some just don't want to believe and go ahead, some come to their professors later asking for the magic fix and annoyed that their professor cannot 'fix it', always with 'but my friend said it was OK', etc.