Hillary Clinton: Brexit must not undermine peace in Northern Ireland

webfact

I thought Bill was a great POTUS

It's a pity Tango Delta wasn't beaten by Hillary 

But as we all know to our cost, the morons are in the ascendant. 

Hillary's words on this matter are absolutely correct. 

18 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

She is absolutely right. There was the well known Good Friday Agreement which gave peace in NI and which is neglected by T.May, or already broken.

Until now May didn't present anything how the border will be between NI and the Republic.

If there is a hard border I would not guarantee anything.

Also this border will be the border between EU and UK, which would give NI a special status.

This could - and why not - implement the Scots doing same, a free trade agreement without borders with EU. Or evelin vote for staying in EU, which is the end of the "empire"dreams.

May spoils everything. Listen to Sinn Fein and Tony Blair and Mrs Clinton, and all EU members.

"Listen to Sinn Fein and Tony Blair and Mrs Clinton, and all EU members"

A list of pretty much the last people to whom I'd "listen"..... :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, terryw said:

Another has been sticking her nose into our business.

I would put it a little different:-

"Another" has been instructed by her masters to try influence people!

Soro's money being used for the good of the people again?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

About Hillary Clinton.

Her accomplishments are largely in the past now, but here is more evidence of her importance in history. Forget to mention she is the first woman to win the nomination of a MAJOR U.S. political party.

https://www.biographyonline.net/people/famous/100-women.html

Well done Hilary, also managed to secure her daughters financial future along the way, very tolerant of anybody that stood in her way! (see the Clinton death list!)

But hey, history is telling us what a fine woman she was? thankfully some of us have a functioning brain and don't rely on ridiculous PR to influence or thoughts! :shock1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

Well done Hilary, also managed to secure her daughters financial future along the way, very tolerant of anybody that stood in her way! (see the Clinton death list!)

But hey, history is telling us what a fine woman she was? thankfully some of us have a functioning brain and don't rely on ridiculous PR to influence or thoughts! :shock1:

Clinton death list? Hilarious that there are people that actually fall for that right wing conspiracy theory crapola. I get it -- many people dislike her personally, many Americans are misogynists, but objectively when Hillary Clinton ran for president and won the popular vote she was one of the most qualified people to run for that office in American history. Yes, she lost to the objectively LEAST qualified person. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Clinton death list? Hilarious that there are people that actually fall for that right wing conspiracy theory crapola. I get it -- many people dislike her personally, many Americans are misogynists, but objectively when Hillary Clinton ran for president and won the popular vote she was one of the most qualified people to run for that office in American history. Yes, she lost to the objectively LEAST qualified person. 

To me it is "hilarious" in the extreme that if others opinion differs, which means they are actually thinking, not believing every word they read, they are labeled a "conspiracy theorist"

A good "tool" for the "sheeple" though! makes it easy to just fob others off ...........

It's a very sad reflection on the world we live in that she could even be considered "most qualified" :shock1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

To me it is "hilarious" in the extreme that if others opinion differs, which means they are actually thinking, not believing every word they read, they are labeled a "conspiracy theorist"

A good "tool" for the "sheeple" though! makes it easy to just fob others off ...........

It's a very sad reflection on the world we live in that she could even be considered "most qualified" :shock1:

The "Clinton death list" is not a real thing.

Grownups know that.

Of course she was massively qualified. 

Eight years in the white house as first lady. Not an elected office but great experience.

Successful and popular U.S. Senator from one of the most important states, New York.

Secretary of State for President Obama, a president that a consensus of historians already thinks will be rated as a higher tier president.

Yes, she lost to a no experience demagogue buffoon that a current consensus of historians think he will be rated the worst president in history.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

The most charitable thing that could be said of Hilary Clinton is that she always failed upward. Failure upon failure utilizing other people's money and lives until she attained her final failure from where there was no more upward to fail into.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

A major problem that is to do with Northern Ireland is a problem that England has got to solve. And England has no choice but to get involved.

That's England's situation. What about Hillary Clinton ? We don't need any outsiders getting involved, they just simply make the situation more complicated. This issue will only be solved by us, it's our problem, it won't be solved by a bunch of outsiders.

Well, Britain ie the UK not just england.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Grownups know that.

A very intelligent well thought out statement! would you care to say that face to face or are you just another keyboard warrior hiding behind the 'net"? with a dismissive attitude to anyone who thinks differently to you?

People just like you, supporting the people that you defend have made the world the mess it is today, you deserve the people who govern you today, you all made it possible!

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

A very intelligent well thought out statement! would you care to say that face to face or are you just another keyboard warrior hiding behind the 'net"? with a dismissive attitude to anyone who thinks differently to you?

People just like you, supporting the people that you defend have made the world the mess it is today, you deserve the people who govern you today, you all made it possible!

Yes, I would tell people that believe in the conspiracy "death list" theory garbage that you're shamelessly promoting that grownups know better than that to their face, unless they were clearly violent people. Sadly, many of those types are violent people, so that wouldn't be worth it, as they'll never change their minds. I did recently call a "trump" apologist a racist to his face multiple times because racists should be confronted. I knew he was a racist not because of his support for "trump" but because of actual explicit racist comments coming out of his mouth.

Let's agree to disagree. Don't see any value in more of this. 

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, it's an obvious fact that she was a flawed candidate that was viewed as an elitist. But also an objective fact that she was spectacularly more qualified than her opponent to actually hold the office that she lost. It happened. She's still a public figure with credible experience and knowledge on many important issues, foreign and domestic. I don't get the irrational hostility to suggest she needs to shut up. 

Edited by Jingthing

14 minutes ago, CGW said:

"People just like you, supporting the people that you defend have made the world the mess it is today, you deserve the people who govern you today, you all made it possible!"

Agree.

• Like 1

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

"People just like you, supporting the people that you defend have made the world the mess it is today, you deserve the people who govern you today, you all made it possible!"

Agree.

Sounds like just more politics of division and resentment. You're blaming "trump" opponents for "trump?" I call B.S.!

15 minutes ago, Camelot said:

I think Clinton wants to keep in the public eye to justify another run for president in 2020.

No way. 

That would be a republican pipe dream but she's not that dumb. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Luckysilk said:

Absolutely with Oprah or Ellen as her running mate.

Bring it on.

Absolutely not. She will never run again for anything. Again, it's just a republican pipe dream to get to run against her again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Absolutely with Oprah or Ellen as her running mate.

As an idealist! is it too much to ask from whatever government that is in power, is one that wants peace and harmony in the world! instead of war & the suffering that has become part of so many lives, threatening to destroy anybody that disagrees has never worked, to some extent we are back in the communist era where we all must think the same, if we speak our minds or dare to disagree, low & behold - not allowed anymore!

Below still sums up the world fairly well! In the meantime, people are still falling for the illusion of choice that politics promises!

This time next week we could well be waiting for the nuclear fallout, while those that wanted war are huddled in their safe places! - Nothings changed!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
john_lennon.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No way. 

That would be a republican pipe dream but she's not that dumb. 

I think she may be but the lack of funding will help her see things more clearly.  Hopefully she won't be offering her "help" to any other candidates.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I think she may be but the lack of funding will help her see things more clearly.  Hopefully she won't be offering her "help" to any other candidates.

D'you reckon Bernie might give it another go?

3 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

D'you reckon Bernie might give it another go?

Sanders is definitely considering a run in 2020 but if he does, he'll be in a very competitive field with probably over 20 contenders. He's no shoo in. It's not like 2016 where the mainstream consensus was that it was Hillary's turn and he was the only challenger with any chance. Nobody has that benefit for 2020, even Joe Biden who also might run. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2