Any reports of water throwing yet?

torrzent

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, smutcakes said:

OOOhhhh noooo people are throwing water!!!! disaster!!!1 Cannot go out!!!!!

No one is forcing you to stay inside. Some of us don't like ice water soaking us. It's our right to not get involved.

I won't be venturing outside till next Tuesday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Enoon said:

I suggest any who have got this far without reading it... do so.

You could also suggest to people who put links in their answer to put a link-title that match the page they are linking :wink:

I certainly would have reply differently - and may even have read the linked page - if the title had been a question (Is Songkran harmless fun and a good laugh ?) and not an affirmation not matching the content (Songkran is harmless fun and a good laugh)

On 4/11/2018 at 8:57 AM, smutcakes said:

OOOhhhh noooo people are throwing water!!!! disaster!!!1 Cannot go out!!!!!

Sarcasm aside, it is a big deal if you want to go shopping or eating at a restaurant, which would be unpleasant after being drenched by a bucket of water. It's good to know if you can get somewhere dry or not. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 2:42 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Of course... :whistling:

That looked like a lot of fun. Those idiots are throwing buckets of water on a blind bend. They can catch them by surprise to ensure many will come off.

On 11/04/2018 at 3:42 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Of course... :whistling:

To be fair that was shit riding wasn't water at high velocity that caused that. Surprised the onlookers didn't pile on with more water and powder whilst the rider was down. If you do wish to ride during Songkran ride like your in a tropical rainstorm helmet on, eyes and front wheel in the direction of travel. 

Edited by starky

38 minutes ago, starky said:

To be fair that was shit riding wasn't water at high velocity that caused that. Surprised the onlookers didn't pile on with more water and powder whilst the rider was down. If you do wish to ride during Songkran ride like your in a tropical rainstorm helmet on, eyes and front wheel in the direction of travel. 

To be even fairer, it's not about the water velocity, but the swerving to avoid it. He was losing traction before the water hit. Most accidents are caused by people trying to avoid water than the actual water itself. It's the same with people that have accidents trying to avoid dog bites. Even the best riders can come off.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, starky said:

and a  good  kicking to boot!!

• Haha 1

I got a good soaking on Soi 7 and soi 8 before noon....but with a small warm beer chang at 85 baht I scuttled off to Soi Post Office...

Oh and with the boom boom boom music on soi 8 there was no way I was gonna stop and ask for a beer!!!

Edited by Jeremia Juxtaposed
  • Haha 1

still peaceful life along Sukhumvit. Except for 90% idiots (mostly youngsters) speeding along on motorbikes with no helmet attached to their raisin brain skull. Could walk to the BigC Mini undisturbed and avail of my 130 Baht discount voucher that expires on the 16th

• Like 1

In Pattaya Soi 6,7 and 8 kicked off around 16:00 today with a bit of sporadic liquids spewn last night.

Jsixpack and his Post was very accurate.

Tomorrow Jomtien will join the monkey see/monkey do and start the water by 11:00 or before.

IMG_20180412_132237.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HLover said:

In Pattaya Soi 6,7 and 8 kicked off around 16:00 today with a bit of sporadic liquids spewn last night.

Tomorrow Jomtien will join the monkey see/monkey do and start the water by 11:00 or before.

IMG_20180412_132237.jpg

Now I see why they start so early - they sell more water guns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HLover said:

IMG_20180412_132237.jpg

I see the police have been hard at work confiscating the PVC pipes they earlier banned. Plenty of powder. Lots more guns in the vendor's stock.

Looks like it'll be business as usual in the bar areas through the 19th. We'll see if the relative calm of the past few years continues outside those areas. Didn't even see any kids out today. :)

Edited by JSixpack

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, y'all had your fun already. Is it done yet? :stoner:

Yep! Staying in now until the last day.. Although neighbours will probably be having parties so it'll be Karaoke, Maw Lam and Honthong which I thoroughly enjoy!!!

Other than that  I am fully stocked up on wine,wine and wine ...!!!

10 hours ago, HLover said:

IMG_20180412_132237.jpg

There is a war weapon in that picture :saai:

• Haha 1