Sending Money From Switzerland To Thailand- Help!

Need advice to send money from switzerland to thailand regularly. Is there a red tape? What's the easier way to transfer? Commercial bank or western union better? Do I need any document? What's the limit? Do they screen the receiver?..... will appreciate any of your advice.

Need advice to send money from switzerland to thailand regularly. Is there a red tape? What's the easier way to transfer? Commercial bank or western union better? Do I need any document? What's the limit? Do they screen the receiver?..... will appreciate any of your advice.

Do you've already a bank account in Thailand? If yes, you need your address from your bank (branch) and swift number I think.

Speak with your bank... (Dauerauftrag).

p.s. western union is too expensive for to send regulary money!!!

If you are not living in Thailand and want to send money to your teeruk, then set up a separate account at a bank in Switzerland and give her an ATM card to use. Then deposit money into that account as needed.

If you will be living in Thailand then I've found the best way is to set up accounts in both countries and arrange transfers over the internet. I do this with Bank of America (in the US) and Bangkok Bank.

There's nothing special to it: at Credit Suisse (for example), you can set up a scheduled, regular transfer to any account in a Thai bank. It'll set you back CHF 5 (< THB 150). The funds arrive in LOS after anywhere between 2-4 days.

Some banks charge a lot more; I've heard of transfer charges of up to CHF 40 (like: 8x that of CS !!) at some banks.

NEVER, EVER send THB; send CHF to a Thai account, and the Thai bank will automatically convert it to THB, usually at quite reasonable rates (TT = telex transfer).

Setting up a separate account for the lady & have her pull money using a Swiss ATM card is a "can do", but an expensive one, as banks will charge some % of each ATM'ed amount, plus they use an exchange rate that's below TT (telex transfer).