Net idol DJ Katoy netted in Pattaya club raid

webfact

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Pity you haven't got something better to do than insult the police doing their work.

Are you serious.. harassing people enjoying their nights out with some urine tests, whilst the cops are deep in the drug business themselves. Only reason being someone too low on the tea money.. Ok I must admit, they can catch real criminals too like these weapon suppliers. 

Edited by SS1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, Get Real said:

They are like doing their job. Maby that was too hard to grasp.
Complaining when they don´t do it, and off course complaining when they do it. Just because you like to write the law according to what seems inportant to you.

Lots of police in many countries have carried immoral  and unethical actions.  The war on drugs is a war on the people Where ever it is being waged. 

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

Regarding the above squabble over Pattaya Plod doing their job.  The ONLY reason a place gets raided is when insufficient funds are diverted to soi 9.  The police here are bandits who intimidate and stifle business. 

I visit a number of bars during a Quiz season; all are forced to pay 'protection' money.   A friend's bar closed because he could not afford the 24,000 baht a month demanded by the local 'law enforcement team'.

Meanwhile Pattaya taxis are allowed to ignore the law of the land as they are obviously paying enough.

The war on drugs is a precursor to corruption in all countries and harms society more than the drugs.

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

Regarding the above squabble over Pattaya Plod doing their job.  The ONLY reason a place gets raided is when insufficient funds are diverted to soi 9.  The police here are bandits who intimidate and stifle business. 

I visit a number of bars during a Quiz season; all are forced to pay 'protection' money.   A friend's bar closed because he could not afford the 24,000 baht a month demanded by the local 'law enforcement team'.

Meanwhile Pattaya taxis are allowed to ignore the law of the land as they are obviously paying enough.

Taxi's are 15,000 Baht a month.  Same team so to speak.

Cheers

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Bars that do not break any laws pay very little compared to serious transgressors and those small amounts are paid without complaint to ensure a helpful service from the police if they ever need it.

The way I read your post suggests you are defending the police for taking money to do their job of 'serving and protecting.'  Were the bars with dartboards 'seriously transgressing?'  'Small amounts are paid without complaint' because the owners fear bigger and more vindictive penalties.

I must be wrong - surely no one can defend these self-interested, lazy parasites?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SS1 said:
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, Just Weird said:

Pity you haven't got something better to do than insult the police doing their work.

Are you serious.. harassing people enjoying their nights out with some urine tests, whilst the cops are deep in the drug business themselves.

Yes, I am serious.

And you,  with your deep knowledge of the Pattaya police as individuals know that the specific officers involved in this raid are "deep in the drug business" and, therefore,  regardless of their having to act on the instructions of their senior officers they should have refused to carry out this raid? 

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

The way I read your post suggests you are defending the police for taking money to do their job of 'serving and protecting.'  Were the bars with dartboards 'seriously transgressing?'  'Small amounts are paid without complaint' because the owners fear bigger and more vindictive penalties.

I must be wrong - surely no one can defend these self-interested, lazy parasites?

You read it wrong.  My post wasn't an opinion supporting the police necessarily, it was an observation of how the system works, based on experience, usually to the benefit of bars owners' operating outside of the law to a lesser or greater extent.

Edited by Just Weird

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I am serious.

And you,  with your deep knowledge of the Pattaya police as individuals know that the specific officers involved in this raid are "deep in the drug business" and, therefore,  regardless of their having to act on the instructions of their senior officers they should have refused to carry out this raid? 

Of course I am not complaining about the specific officers following their orders (indeed just doing their jobs), but about the silliness of such "urine test raids" being organised in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1