Blame chronic itchy scalp on the barber?

giddyup

Developed this bad itchy scalp, particular at the back of my head, and wondering if it possibly could be caused by unsterilised clippers etc at the barber. Never gave it much thought before, but I have never seen anything, towels, clippers, scissors etc, sterilised or dipped in alcohol at my local barber. I only get my hair cut with the clippers, so it could only be caused by them or the towels or brush. Of course the itch could be totally unrelated, but can't think of anything else that might have caused it. Anyone noticed how clean, or not, your local barber is?

If you only use clippers, why not buy your own and DIY? I bought a set for £5 in the UK about 10 years ago and they are still going strong. Even better than DIY is having the "other half" do it for you, if you have one. 5 minutes per month does me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, champers said:

If you only use clippers, why not buy your own and DIY? I bought a set for £5 in the UK about 10 years ago and they are still going strong. Even better than DIY is having the "other half" do it for you, if you have one. 5 minutes per month does me.

Because I don't get it cut the same length all over. I get a #4 on top and a #2 sides and back. I have quite thick bristly hair and I know I'd make a dog's breakfast doing it myself.

ive had this rash from a turkish place in the uk and one thai place in bkk.

i do my own hair now until it gets too wild, 1nce a year or so ill go to a 'fancy' barber and get the 90 minutes works.

head, beard, neck, hot towel, face and neck massage, washed hair and blow dry @ 500 thb

45 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Could be caused by lying down on pillow all day watching TV, motor bike helmet, or oil used to lubricate clippers being transferred to scalp.

Possibly your third choice, not either of the other two.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

What are you shampooing with or have you changed soaps lately?

Or did you go to a massage place recently and shower using their products,towels?

None of the above.

7 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Might have come from the clippers. Too close has irritated my neck a few times in the past. Suggest Quadriderm cream, multiple ingredients. Probably clear up the condition in a few days.

Quadriderm available from pharmacies? Worth a try.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Quadriderm available from pharmacies? Worth a try.

Yes, most pharmacies, certainly Save and Fascino. Nice to keep around for the odd problem now and then anyway.

image.jpeg.5cb8a367d81634bd1c12e5b9e0b6686a.jpeg

• Like 1