No sex dowry row: Thai man assassinates wife and father in Buriram village

rooster59

No sex dowry row: Thai man assassinates wife and father in Buriram village

murder1.JPG
Image: Daily News

A Thai husband furious that his wife would not sleep with him and would not return a dowry shot her and her father dead yesterday.

The hunt is on for Sommai Asakoon, 35, who police say may try and commit suicide.

Nang Rong district police went to the village of Ban Nong Makha in Sadao sub-district where they found 56 year old Samnao Yortsawang dead from two chest wounds inflicted by a .38 revolver. 

Nearby also shot twice was Oranee Yortsawang, 25, who was hit in the chest and armpit. 

The younger brother of the woman said that his brother-in-law was the shooter. He had arrived at the house to try and get back together with his sister and when an argument broke out and the father came out to confront him the shooting began.

Sommai then ran off with the gun. 

Other relatives said that the couple married a year ago but split up after just a month when the wife refused to have sex with the husband who claimed he had just been conned out of the dowry he had paid.

He had gone to work in another province and returned sometimes to try and repair matters to no avail.

No one thought he would come back with a gun. 

Police think he is still in the locality and they called on his relatives to persuade him to turn himself in believing that he was likely to shoot himself for what he had done. 

murder2.JPG

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-14

1 minute ago, harrycallahan said:

In Thailand they've decided you can. Don't chastise me about that I didn't have anything to do with it. They sold him something and didn't deliver. It was easy for them to give the money back. 

No they have not decided that in Thailand.. if they had it was not against the law. You are supporting a death penalty for (assumed) cheating. Most people who are for that kind of thing are those who are not sure of their own relation. Often older guys with much younger wives they think that because they paid for some things they have claims on the wife. Maybe your not like that but your reply sounded like it

Anyway not surprising given your name.. "do you feel lucky punk" (great movie.. but that is what it is a movie)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This would have made a great court case.  If he had taken her to court for the dowry under false promises.

It is too bad that there is a lack of education in the small villages. 

I hope that they find him before he dies and that he has to face the consequences.

We see too much of this in countries like Thailand. 

On the other hand, the father had t know that if his daughter did not consummate the marriage that the groom would be back for the money.  

• Like 2

i dont think this is very different from the falang who hanged himself

with the message "you have stolen everything from me",

just in this case, the thai that had spent his last baht on the brad decided to kill

the thief rather than himself.

in both cases, they spent their last baht thinking that would be enough

to land a good life, and now both felt they couldnt recoup the loss,

or just didnt want to try even

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe the "victim" should not have shot someone. I guess you believe you can buy someone ? Lots of foreigners believe the same thing, paying for a house and then get angry when things go sour. 

Would you buy a car if you couldn’t drive it? He did get ripped off but he should have been taking her for test drives before the marriage, he would have known what she was like then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe the "victim" should not have shot someone. I guess you believe you can buy someone ? Lots of foreigners believe the same thing, paying for a house and then get angry when things go sour. 

Only in this case it seems the marriage was never consummated. Grounds for divorce. Only the bride and her family didn't want to give the dowry back. 

Could it have been a con perhaps?

6 hours ago, poanoi said:

never pay a thai in advance

My daddy told me  "Never buy a car without test driving it first.  Doubly important if the car is second hand and doesn't come with a warranty".. He didn't say anything about potential wives though.  :smile:

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Nor a farang, or anybody.

Actually, if we are going to wear our honest hats....

I prepaid a Russian hooker in Dubai with tremendous results.

But normally, NO- do not prepay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cat handler said:

Would you buy a car if you couldn’t drive it? He did get ripped off but he should have been taking her for test drives before the marriage, he would have known what she was like then.

That's why I'd never buy a car before a test drive. If she would have said no, I don't like sex (with men), a different ball game. But she must have a nice TomBoy who does all she wants and asks for.

And there are quite a lot women/girls around who love sex with a female. Would it be a gay man, the members of TVForum would freak out and come with acquisitions against gay people, stupid jokes, the usual, etc.. but it's changing when a woman prefers a woman. Why else does she not sleep with him? 

Edited by jenny2017
getting a beer

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

This would have made a great court case.  If he had taken her to court for the dowry under false promises.

It is too bad that there is a lack of education in the small villages. 

I hope that they find him before he dies and that he has to face the consequences.

We see too much of this in countries like Thailand. 

On the other hand, the father had t know that if his daughter did not consummate the marriage that the groom would be back for the money.  

No his a good man. Has my full support. Did a service to the community

14 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Only in this case it seems the marriage was never consummated. Grounds for divorce. Only the bride and her family didn't want to give the dowry back. 

Could it have been a con perhaps?

A con or no con, does not deserve to shoot someone, there are other options to explore. Just find it strange that so many here condone violence. Not saying you do just the general opinion here.

14 hours ago, cat handler said:

A woman is not a car, and I would not pay for a woman. Maybe that is the difference I would not pay for a woman, thinking I have bought her and have all rights on her. Cars are objects and can be owned.. woman cannot. 

21 hours ago, poanoi said:

i dont think this is very different from the falang who hanged himself

with the message "you have stolen everything from me",

just in this case, the thai that had spent his last baht on the brad decided to kill

the thief rather than himself.

in both cases, they spent their last baht thinking that would be enough

to land a good life, and now both felt they couldnt recoup the loss,

or just didnt want to try even

Give Thais nothing problem solved