No sex dowry row: Thai man assassinates wife and father in Buriram village

rooster59

3 hours ago, robblok said:

A woman is not a car, and I would not pay for a woman. Maybe that is the difference I would not pay for a woman, thinking I have bought her and have all rights on her. Cars are objects and can be owned.. woman cannot. 

unfortunately in Thailand the odds are against you lol

Just now, Media1 said:

l may have as well..But it's always there deep inside. l have hurd all the love stories

Relations can fail.. that is a fact. I have had a marriage fail here... did not lose the house or car. I just paid her what she put in that was it. Plenty of good girls around. Just don't pay for girls unless you wan't someone who is out of your league then pay.. but keep in mind she is probably with you for the money and take precautions.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Relations can fail.. that is a fact. I have had a marriage fail here... did not lose the house or car. I just paid her what she put in that was it. Plenty of good girls around. Just don't pay for girls unless you wan't someone who is out of your league then pay.. but keep in mind she is probably with you for the money and take precautions.

obviously when l first came here. l know nothing..I met a lady online

A accountant the most lovely girl.yiu could ask to meet. She even found a condo for me and paid. She was a.kind loving lady. Unfortunately l was not in love with her. But l regret it. They are there just harder to find

23 minutes ago, Media1 said:

obviously when l first came here. l know nothing..I met a lady online

A accountant the most lovely girl.yiu could ask to meet. She even found a condo for me and paid. She was a.kind loving lady. Unfortunately l was not in love with her. But l regret it. They are there just harder to find

Yes they are harder to find, but when you live here you can take your time and not rush into stuff.

11 hours ago, robblok said:

A woman is not a car, and I would not pay for a woman. Maybe that is the difference I would not pay for a woman, thinking I have bought her and have all rights on her. Cars are objects and can be owned.. woman cannot. 

roblok 

Come on man we all pay for it.  We may not pay large cash up front or after but we do pay for it.

a few nice dinners

gifts

coffee

movies

nice clothes

It is called dating and it is almost as expensive as renting LOL

The problem he probably ran into was the I am a good girl and cannot do that until we are married.

18 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

roblok 

Come on man we all pay for it.  We may not pay large cash up front or after but we do pay for it.

a few nice dinners

gifts

coffee

movies

nice clothes

It is called dating and it is almost as expensive as renting LOL

The problem he probably ran into was the I am a good girl and cannot do that until we are married.

I guess you and I have a different idea about paying and if this adds up as high as renting I seriously question how much you spend on dating and if its really dating. (if I were to rent id need a few a week) 

I have had financially independent GF's here in Thailand who would insist on paying half of the bill and paying for other stuff too. I guess that is an alien concept to you ? Not saying that all my relations have been that way here but I certainly have had a few where things went 50 / 50. In my marriage here with a Thai she paid her way too.. I paid a bit more but she paid for the mortgage and car too. I certainly did not pay of it or lose money on it. (it was actually cheaper living together and sharing cost then living alone)

You seem like a reasonable guy, don't you see the difference between someone giving a salary and paying a huge sin sod compared to someone in a normal relation where no salary is paid and the girl is taken to diner once in a while. You know as well as I do that there are graduations.. and even if you paid a sin sod or a house (stupid IMHO) you still can't claim owner ship of a woman and shoot her if she cheats. A relation is never a sure thing. 

Just that you paid for her does not mean she has to stay with you forever or that you get a refund.. that is the problem with paying for it if they can they will separate you from the money as payment is what they want.. not the relation. Does not mean all relations go well.. otherwise I would not have had a divorce.. but even during the divorce I did not get fleeced. So there you have it not everyone pays for it.

If i look at my clients (Dutch people in the Netherlands) you see both people working and contributing. Quite normal where I come from. I see their taxes and accounts.. so I have a fair idea. 

Edited by robblok

17 hours ago, robblok said:

I guess you and I have a different idea about paying and if this adds up as high as renting I seriously question how much you spend on dating and if its really dating. (if I were to rent id need a few a week) 

I have had financially independent GF's here in Thailand who would insist on paying half of the bill and paying for other stuff too. I guess that is an alien concept to you ? Not saying that all my relations have been that way here but I certainly have had a few where things went 50 / 50. In my marriage here with a Thai she paid her way too.. I paid a bit more but she paid for the mortgage and car too. I certainly did not pay of it or lose money on it. (it was actually cheaper living together and sharing cost then living alone)

You seem like a reasonable guy, don't you see the difference between someone giving a salary and paying a huge sin sod compared to someone in a normal relation where no salary is paid and the girl is taken to diner once in a while. You know as well as I do that there are graduations.. and even if you paid a sin sod or a house (stupid IMHO) you still can't claim owner ship of a woman and shoot her if she cheats. A relation is never a sure thing. 

Just that you paid for her does not mean she has to stay with you forever or that you get a refund.. that is the problem with paying for it if they can they will separate you from the money as payment is what they want.. not the relation. Does not mean all relations go well.. otherwise I would not have had a divorce.. but even during the divorce I did not get fleeced. So there you have it not everyone pays for it.

If i look at my clients (Dutch people in the Netherlands) you see both people working and contributing. Quite normal where I come from. I see their taxes and accounts.. so I have a fair idea. 

Robblok  I am not saying that we pay huge fees or that we own or have any huge rights to the girls.  BUT, you have to admit that in most relationships it is the guy that pays for the date.  I am not talking about just here in Thailand.   Anytime I went on a date I always paid it is just the way I was brought up.  Did I expect anything?  Yes, a good time and maybe a kiss in the beginning.

All I am saying is that in some way we all pay for sex.  It is not free.  I am a believer that nothing in this world is free except maybe the air and I am waiting to see how long that lasts LOL.

Personally, if I was asked to pay a huge sinsod to the family I would probably want a lot of assurances on how the marriage was going to be.  The fact that they even have a sinsod puts the girl into a kind of she is my property that I am selling frame.  I do not agree with it but I can agree that if after a few weeks or months the relationship does not work that there should be an agreement that the man gets his money back.  Let's face the main reason to get married is to have a family and if either spouse refuses to have sex then that rules out the ability to love or have that family that he wanted.  

I realize that women are not cars but bear with me a minute.  If you were dating a girl and she said she was a virgin and that she wanted to wait until her wedding night but, that she wanted to have children, then on your wedding night you found out that she was in no ways or means willing to consummate the marriage or to have children would you stay with her.  If the answer is NO and that you had paid a dowry would you not look to get that money back?  Just wondering?  Is it not false advertising?

42 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Robblok  I am not saying that we pay huge fees or that we own or have any huge rights to the girls.  BUT, you have to admit that in most relationships it is the guy that pays for the date.  I am not talking about just here in Thailand.   Anytime I went on a date I always paid it is just the way I was brought up.  Did I expect anything?  Yes, a good time and maybe a kiss in the beginning.

All I am saying is that in some way we all pay for sex.  It is not free.  I am a believer that nothing in this world is free except maybe the air and I am waiting to see how long that lasts LOL.

Personally, if I was asked to pay a huge sinsod to the family I would probably want a lot of assurances on how the marriage was going to be.  The fact that they even have a sinsod puts the girl into a kind of she is my property that I am selling frame.  I do not agree with it but I can agree that if after a few weeks or months the relationship does not work that there should be an agreement that the man gets his money back.  Let's face the main reason to get married is to have a family and if either spouse refuses to have sex then that rules out the ability to love or have that family that he wanted.  

I realize that women are not cars but bear with me a minute.  If you were dating a girl and she said she was a virgin and that she wanted to wait until her wedding night but, that she wanted to have children, then on your wedding night you found out that she was in no ways or means willing to consummate the marriage or to have children would you stay with her.  If the answer is NO and that you had paid a dowry would you not look to get that money back?  Just wondering?  Is it not false advertising?

I think you and I have different Idea's of what is paying for a girl, i was talking about sin sod and monthly salaries and so on. Not peanuts like the price of some food on a date. I have done it all paying for the food .. or 50 / 50 or even getting paid by the girl. 

What you are describing IMHO is not really paying.. or at least not how i see it.

About the example, yea sure id break up with the girl as a healthy sex life is important for me and I would try to get the sin sod back. But not using violence or guns. Its false advertising.. a scam maybe. Just does not justify violence.

Also I just don't get the mindset of many guys who think that relations last forever.. things change.. your wife is not your property if she cheats you don't have the right to beat her up or stuff like that. So just be careful how much you invest in a relation.

I see that there are so many good girls around and if you live here you soon get quite good at separating gold diggers from the rest. But if your 60 and you want an 18 year old beauty model.. then you will have to pay.. i mean expectations need to be reasonable too.