Currency Dilemma

I have gathered by searching this forum that Chinatown is the best place in Bangkok to exchange Chinese Yuan.

Is that also the case with Vietnamese Dong or even Laos Kip?

Thing is I'm in China now en route to Bangkok via Laos. All I have is Yuan and ideally would love to have all US dollar but lack the necessary paper work to get it here as I withdrew it from an ATM. What I don't want and it's looking like my only option is to change all my yuan to kip on the Loas side of the border.

Anyone ever been in a similar predicament?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I have gathered by searching this forum that Chinatown is the best place in Bangkok to exchange Chinese Yuan.

Is that also the case with Vietnamese Dong or even Laos Kip?

Thing is I'm in China now en route to Bangkok via Laos. All I have is Yuan and ideally would love to have all US dollar but lack the necessary paper work to get it here as I withdrew it from an ATM. What I don't want and it's looking like my only option is to change all my yuan to kip on the Loas side of the border.

Anyone ever been in a similar predicament?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Never buy a single Kip more than you need, and in fact you don't need any. Laos would much rather take Baht or $'s. If you have to buy Kip because you only have Yuan, buy very little and leave whatever you have with the tuk tuk driver on the way out of Lao