Agricultural Fairs And Shows

chownah

Was at HortiAsia and Agritechnica Asia on Thursday. It was definitely smaller than the last one I was at.
I was disappointed, too. Sima Asean and another horticultural show were better and bigger in my opinion.

Some big names missing such as Kubota, Claas, Chia Tai, CP Seeds, Pioneer, etc...

With all that big and already expensive farming equipment from Europe on show I was wondering if they are aware who is able to afford it and / or paying also that hefty import tax.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, CLW said:

I was disappointed, too. Sima Asean and another horticultural show were better and bigger in my opinion.

Some big names missing such as Kubota, Claas, Chia Tai, CP Seeds, Pioneer, etc...

With all that big and already expensive farming equipment from Europe on show I was wondering if they are aware who is able to afford it and / or paying also that hefty import tax.

I absolutely agree with you regarding the upmarket brands. Too big, powerful and expensive for here/our pockets. 

The last time I was at it (2017? 2016? can't remember) it was spread out over two rooms and clearly divided into machinery and horticultural themes. I sincerely hope things pick up in the future and it grows, but it really should aim more at the local/regional markets and their needs/and budgets. 

I was excited to find a S. Korean tractor manufacturer, LS Mtron, offering a small 18hp tractor. It would be ideal for what I need, but according to the sales rep, it won't be distributed in T.land. Apparently tractors here are mainly used in rice paddies so the lower tractors (hight-wise that is) are deemed inappropriate for this type of work and market. I tried explaining to him that not all tractors are needed in rice paddies... Got a blank look so I left it at that... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having relocated to nowhere, between Phetchabun and Phitsanulok, does anyone know of any agro fairs coming up in the area ?

Also looking for a good agro shop, both for trees, seedlings, seeds and soil amendments, all organic.

Cheers, Chris

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:28 PM, djayz said:

LS Mtron

Growing brand in the us, http://lstractorusa.com/ been looking at them as an alternative to the more expensive yanmar to replace my older massey fergusons, but its hard to beat that yanmar motor, even john deere uses it in their compacts. And yes I went last year and was quite disappointed in the show, very little to be seen or purchased so i passed on going. Anything i asked about buying no distributor in thailand so what was the point of them being there.

Edited by Notagain
Correction
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi folks,  is there a website for university ag shows?  The wife is a mango grower in Phitsanulok (Tambon Wang Phong) and Phetchabun (Nam Om).  We are interested in going to more organic methods of production and the growing of trees for timber.  We have 20 rai of rice/corn land and 30 rai of hillside land to redevelop. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I guess the lack of a response means I have to suck it and see! 
I don't know enough to advise, but went to a big Ag fair in Kong Khean last year. Some previous posters have said to look in the Thai Ag magazines.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, carlyai said:

I don't know enough to advise, but went to a big Ag fair in Kong Khean last year. Some previous posters have said to look in the Thai Ag magazines.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

H Carlyai, the Khon Kaen show was last month but we didn't go as it was leaning towards cassava, corn, rice and sugar cane which is of no interest.  We went to Agritech last year but that didn't impress us a great deal although we did get some contacts for greenhouse supplies.  Someone mentioned Kasetsart Uni has a show in Feb so I have penciled that in.  Like so many things, if you do a web search in English for Thai products or services you will miss 95% (or more) of whats out there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got the dates for Kaset Fair.  Starts on 31st and runs till 8th Feb. We still haven't got some brave soul to care for our dogs.  M-in-L cannot walk them during the day as they are to strong!  Last time she did they took off after a cat and she went flying!   Their not big dogs.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 12:18 PM, Grumpy John said:

Just got the dates for Kaset Fair.  Starts on 31st and runs till 8th Feb. We still haven't got some brave soul to care for our dogs.  M-in-L cannot walk them during the day as they are to strong!  Last time she did they took off after a cat and she went flying!   Their not big dogs.

https://thesmartlocal.com/thailand/kaset-fair-2020/

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Mrs says Khon Kaen fair starts on the 24th this month till the 2nd.

"Covering major crops in Thailand".  No point in us going if that's all they do. Maybe some one knows if there is  a show with a broader outlook in Chang Mai during the year?

• Like 1

The last couple of years the KKU fair has had a few new pieces of equipment but they were mostly <deleted> local made copies I wouldnt spend a satang on. Other than that lots of plants and food to buy and a day of exercise walking. Mostly like every other fair in thailand same-same.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ireckonso said:

The last couple of years the KKU fair has had a few new pieces of equipment but they were mostly <deleted> local made copies I wouldnt spend a satang on. Other than that lots of plants and food to buy and a day of exercise walking. Mostly like every other fair in thailand same-same.

Try going to the Thai Dairy show ,lots of Thai cows and imported machinery ,for the dairy industry ,and 1970's American country and western music to make you fell at home. 

FYI, They will be some Thai made machinery ,and more to the point ,not that you will agree, again  ,it works.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

MikeN,nice photos of the Ubon Show ,re chippers ,this one I took at the Dairy show  from Patipong, 32 000 baht ,but, the chipper is Thai, the engine is Chinese ,the length of the chip is not very uniform I would say they are better ones to be found 

RIMG1319.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hi all 

From the 8th- 17th  January ,is the  Thai annual dairy show, at Mortlec ,Sarburi,next to the Friendship highway.

Now, I have known about this for the past week , but with the events of the past week ,will  it take place?

A case of watch this space. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, kickstart said:

Hi all 

From the 8th- 17th  January ,is the  Thai annual dairy show, at Mortlec ,Sarburi,next to the Friendship highway.

Now, I have known about this for the past week , but with the events of the past week ,will  it take place?

A case of watch this space. 

Heard to-day cancelled, annoying  I like a day out they .