Agricultural Fairs And Shows

chownah

• 3 months later...

Hello to all,

Just got the information that Kasetsart University ag fair will take place from 1 . -10 Dec.2012 at KAMPHAENG SAEN Campus. ( not BKK campus). I went there 2 years ago. For farmer the right fair. For my opinion worth to visit. Attached please find the link for the info and the map. ( only in Thai ). I will go next monday . I can report if somebody needs more information.

http://www.ku.ac.th/web2012/index.php?c=adms&m=changepage&page=home〈=thai

http://www.kps.ku.ac.th/kaset/images/stories/photo/map55.jpg

Hi everyone,

As at least 1 other person has already asked, does anybody know of any shows south of Bangkok ?

I'm particularly interested in poultry and small animals but my wife and MIL love the plants..

We are in Surat but happy to drive a couple hrs for a good day out :)

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Khon Kaen Kasate fair 2013

Nattapong Lertwanarin, KKGazette: An Agricultural fair, under the auspices of Khon Kaen province Ministry Of Agriculture and Khon Kaen University, is being held at the university from January 25 to February 3. As well as agricultural exhibits there will be competitions and experts on hand to answer questions. Products will also be on sale from plants and flowers to pet foods and garden accessories. For further information please call 043-227714-5

• 1 month later...

Hello All in the Korat area, week long festival downtown, I picked up 3 red banana trees

and going back for others today. Mango, lime, jackfruit and other trees, plants, flowers

and vines. HOT today, 104 for us "F" users. From the Hwy by IT Plaza, down along the

moat towards the army base.

rice555

Hello All, aussieruss I didn't for all the way up by the army base

as the sometimes have "bigger trees" for shade/landscaping

close to the train tracks.1/2 Km from IT Plaza on Hwy.224.

Close to the main entrance to the army base.(to the right of the

base entrance is where you go when they are having horse racing

so I'm told)

This is one of the verities I got to watch grow, told the other half

that she could get her underground numbers from counting the

ripe bananas, the green full size and the developing fruit.

rice555

post-37242-0-24651200-1364483857_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi ! Anyone know of a show around Nong Khai - Udon area ? Also, if there are any good permanent farmers - agro markets ?

Besides machinery, fruit trees and salad seeds, also interested in goats (especially dwarf, as in Nigerian), ducks (Peking, Muscovy,wood duck and mandarin duck).

Most it will be further up the value chain than primary production but there is a section on Food Technology for those farmers interested in vertical integration and also a good chance to see what 'the market' is getting up to. At the very least there should be plenty of nice scran.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,
I just got the information that Kasetsart University ag fair will take place from 1.( start is the 1th. but on 3th. all exhibitor will be there) - 10. Dec.2013 at KAMPHAENG SAEN Campus.( not BKK campus).

I went there last years. For farmer the right fair. For my opinion worth to visit. They also had a lot of Tractor suppliers with life demonstration. On the campus is an butcher's shop (and restaurant) where you can buy beef (frozen ore fresh) from theire own production. The quality from the filet is perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I just got the information that Kasetsart University ag fair will take place from 1.( start is the 1th. but on 3th. all exhibitor will be there) - 10. Dec.2013 at KAMPHAENG SAEN Campus.( not BKK campus).

I went there last years. For farmer the right fair. For my opinion worth to visit. They also had a lot of Tractor suppliers with life demonstration. On the campus is an butcher's shop (and restaurant) where you can buy beef (frozen ore fresh) from theire own production. The quality from the filet is perfect.

That's good if the dates are right! There's no information anywhere else I could find to confirm this info.

I have been to the kasetsart fair several times. I really like it but not in the weekend then it is too crowded.

Unfortunately they don't have a good publishment about the date, so how can we know where it is? Maybe we all should call the KU and then they will put it on their website?

Also they like to change the date is what i noticed last years.

Prices are not cheap, chatuchak plant market is cheaper but it is great to see all the variety's. If you are looking for something special then better bring a Thai speaker with you because nobody there speaks english (except a few KU students that are not shy).

Flora Park flower display festival back in Wang Nam Keaw from November

NAKHON RATCHASIMA, 25th October 2013 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand, in cooperation with Flora Park and the Nakhon Ratchasima Provincial Administrative Organization and the private sectors, will hold a “Flora Park…back in Wang Nam Keaw..again” flower display festival.

The event will showcase more than 100,000 flowers of over 20 different species, on a 360 degree angle viewpoint with the spectacular vertical garden. Over 5,000 English roses of 400 species will be arranged beautifully across the landscape.

According to Dr.Anan Dalodom, President of the Horticultural Science Society of Thailand, Flora Park is ready for the event, adding that the district has been known as one one of the places with the highest ozone concentration in the world, and the event is an a popular tourist destination.

The event will be held from November 1, 2013 to the March 31, 2014; on an area of over 50 rai at Khao Phaeng Ma, Wang Nam Keaw district, Nakhon Ratchasima province. Tickets will be priced at 100-150 baht for an adult and 50 baht for children and the elderly. For more information please visit www.facebook.com/floraparkWNK or call 081-372-8851, 089-812-8851.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

That's good if the dates are right! There's no information anywhere else I could find to confirm this info.

The fair should be going on right now! Did anybody visit it? I would like to go but first want to know if it is really happening right now and they sell fruit-tree's as much as on the kasetsart Bangkok fair.

I visited the fair on Saturday. They have much more fruit and vegetable shops as BKK have. ( located right and left on the main road of the campus. You can buy first and later you can pick it up with your car. Very comfortable). There is also a large area for tractor and farming equipment. A lot of companys also there. I find also some shops for small 2wheel tractor for the garden.

• 2 weeks later...