Dilemma over a Thai ladies behaviour.

geisha

elgenon, yes, all the legal work and contracts have been set up, and the new owner/ chef is just waiting for the money to come through, as we all know , banks aren’t usually very quick. The previous head chef has retired, so my cousin couldn’t call it all off even if she was allowed to. She’s French, has worked 12 hrs a Day all her life and is looking forward to her retirement, so she’s just going to calm everyone down and just shut up. The high season is a few weeks away with all the May public holidays and estivales , so she doesn’t have any options at all really. 

If the place falls apart after that , well. The staff might leave when the takeover happens, they’ll find jobs , no doubt about that. It’s just the thought that someone can turn into a tyrant so quickly, a jekle and Hyde syndrome that is so hard to understand and put up with , even tho it’s not for long. 

She sounds like a tyrant or a bully. Sometimes one has to stand up to bullies.

I hope the deal goes through quickly at the agreed price then it becomes the problem of another. Your cousin is presumably still the owner and should be spoken to with respect, for her to tolerate less is wrong. This control freak may be up to something devious.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Your cousin is presumably still the owner and should be spoken to with respect, for her to tolerate less is wrong. This control freak may be up to something devious.

Yup, my thoughts too!

• Like 1

I don't know if it is the case with this would be buyer but many Thai restauranteurs overseas have a pipeline to very inexpensive Thai labor through workers visas. Not sure about France but in many places in Europe it is very difficult and expensive to let workers go. Maybe she is trying to encourage some of the help to seek work elsewhere of their own volition.

• Thanks 1

I do not say that your cousin has to tolerate that but I also do not know the restaurant and the people involved.

Anyhow you have 3 choices

1 not speak and do the sale

2 speak and maybe loosing the sale

3 directly inform her that you do not want to sell tobher but with a potential retirement within 1 or 2 month your cousin may not be up to loose that now and wiqhing to finish with work. Then people working with that buying lady will go away and seek work somewhere else. Fortunately finding a job is very easy for a kitchen worker and that shouting shit may be catched back by Karma...

Whatever is your choice good luck/chokdeeKrap/ bonne chance ?

• Thanks 1

Something is wrong with her mentally otherwise she wouldn't behaved like that would she?

I have a sister who would be nice one moment talking amicably then suddenly she find fault with something real or imagine and from there on started shouting and screaming.

Mad women.