PM Prayut warns returning commuters of harsh weather

webfact

PM warns returning commuters of harsh weather

PNPOL610417001000101.jpg

BANGKOK, 17 April 2018 (NNT) – Thailand's Prime Minister has warned citizens returning from Songkran holidays to be cautious of summer storms as well as to ensure travel safety. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-ocha has expressed concern for citizens making their way back from Songkran festivities due to inclement weather in many areas as more summer storms are forecast until tomorrow.

Areas to be especially affected include the north, northeast, east and parts of the central region. The conditions are likely to reduce visibility, make roads slick and result in dangers for drivers.

The PM asked those on the road be courteous and compassionate and adhere to road laws, avoid alcohol and excessive speed. He has ordered relevant authorities to watch over citizens closely and prepare to provide assistance related to the weather. 

The premier confirmed that the government’s facilitation plan for citizens returning to Bangkok must be enacted by officials, including the preparation of a sufficient quantity of public transport services. He stressed that transport in Bangkok for those arriving from holidays should be ready to avoid congestion. 

Gen Prayut thanked administrators, soldiers, police and volunteers for their sacrifice during the holiday period.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-04-17

54 minutes ago, colinneil said:

How did this country manage before Prayut came along?

His wisdom.... WOW... its going to get windy and rain.

Fantastic knowledge this man has, nobody else could come up with this.

I think he was trying to make himself look knowledgeable in trying to beat the news weather man 

Edited by BEVUP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

How did this country manage before Prayut came along?

His wisdom.... WOW... its going to get windy and rain.

Fantastic knowledge this man has, nobody else could come up with this.

So please tell us.

If you were PM (God forbid) Having been advised by your weather department that harsh weather was likely. 

What words of advice would you give to the people of Thailand who are returning en mass to Bangkok? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Darcula said:

If only every country has a wise leader like this. Someone, who could recite at will a secret formula for avoiding tragedy.

Yes, he is SOOO clever isn't he? Now a qualified weather expert!

48 minutes ago, over2you said:

So please tell us.

If you were PM (God forbid) Having been advised by your weather department that harsh weather was likely. 

What words of advice would you give to the people of Thailand who are returning en mass to Bangkok? 

Personally, I would ask the weather department to go on TV and make a statement to explain the situation. I would be too busy doing the job that I was being paid to do i.e. governing my country, and making sure that the way to winning the next election would be as smooth as possible - oh wait, he's already done that  - OK,  he could tell people that it could be dangerous to swim in the sea at Hua Hin because of the dangers of a shark attack?

• Like 2

Is there no end to this mans talents, farmer, singer/song writer, now he is a weatherman. With the rainy season coming he will be the expert in flood control as well. Wish he would do something about all the impending black outs, the spaghetti wiring all over the place is truly 3rd world.... We are all so lucky being governed by such a wise man...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Personally, I would ask the weather department to go on TV and make a statement to explain the situation. I would be too busy doing the job that I was being paid to do i.e. governing my country, and making sure that the way to winning the next election would be as smooth as possible - oh wait, he's already done that  - OK,  he could tell people that it could be dangerous to swim in the sea at Hua Hin because of the dangers of a shark attack?

do any other Pm's go to this length to advise people of weather conditions???
Answer IS A BIG NO !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Harsh Weather. And he missed the chance to blame it on the media, or those unruly folks asking for election? Are we getting a little weak uncle Tu?

He knows, as well as we all do, that Thaksin is solely responsible for the harsh weather.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, over2you said:

So please tell us.

How many PM's around the world think it necessary for them to warn their electors about the weather?  Surely that is the job of the weather forecasters, TV and other media.  Most of the world's PM's have more important jobs to do.  If you are thinking that nothing could be more important than saving peoples lives, I  would certainly agree with you, but if that is his aim, his far more important job is to ensure that licenses are only issued to competent drivers and that the Thai police force do their job by enforcing all the traffic laws, which together vwould be many times more effective than his repeating a televised weather forecast.  Unfortunately his efforts in that regard are proving to be a dismal failure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, over2you said:

So please tell us.

Is the Prime Minister the mouthpiece of all things from weather to rice? There are plenty of willing and better qualified agency heads and subject matter experts to herald about the weather and so forth.

When a Head of State barks about every subject that has a message, regardless of relevance to the office, the speech become useless white noise.

• Sad 1