Visa Saigon?

Hi, 

I was due to go to Laos and get a new visa this week. Songkran through my plans and some lovely tourist threw water over me and my bag. Laptop dead. Thanks... 

Anyway been waiting for people get back to work. I also thought since my visa expires 21st that I might go Vietnam for a break and get the visa there. 

Questions/point:

. Only had two tourists visas in several years. Both from Vientiane. 

. No tourist visa ever from Saigon

. No tourist visa in current passport (have been studying so was on Ed visa) 

... Anyone been Saigon recently and are they still simple regarding getting a TVisa? 

Also need a break and haven't been to Vietnam for almost 20years. So would like to have a holiday there and travel around. Don't want to have to then go off to an other thai embassy elsewhere if Saigon has become strict on issuing tourist visas

Thanks 

I've always found that the embassy in SGN to be OK - IF you have ALL the documents they require. These change from time to time so be sure to check their website for the up to date requirements.

Got 3 B2B TVs from them (single entry only) and they said they would issue more, although I have slightly different circumstances and a TV is the only visa they will issue to me.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I guess this part from the Consulate site:

Additional document required :

1. Three passport-sized photo (4x6 cm) taken within 6 months, size 4x6 cm.
  2. Confirmation letter from the company where the applicant is working.
  3. Work Permit AND Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam with validity not less than 6 months.
  4. Confirmed round-trip ticket or confirmed ticket showing a transit in Thailand.
  5. Confirmed booking hotel (with name of applicant and the date matching with the travelling ticket above)
  6. Evidence of adequate finance (equivalent to 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family member

8. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand

Doesn't apply as I have British passport? 

Thanks

Edited by Paulinho

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Changed again since last time I applied there!!

And they wouldn't issue multiple entry TVs unless you have a VN residence permit.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

And they wouldn't issue multiple entry TVs unless you have a VN residence permit.

Generally METV are only available in one's home country or country of legal residence. There may be a few exceptions, but not in this region.

I read a post on here that uk & other nationals  do not need a visa now to enter Vietnam, when I was there 1997 I got a visa from the Vietnam embassy in London & also had to get another visa on arrival at the airport

When I did it two years ago it was very quick and efficient. I had printed out the forms in advance. I had all photos and documents asked for. I was in and out in less than three minutes. Picked up my passport the next day in less than 60 seconds. They did not ask to see any cash on my person but I did have 30k baht in case they did. Of course things may have changed in the meantime. I enjoyed my trip to Vietnam so much   that I made another shortly before returning to Canada. Have a great trip. 

Yes I found it easy, got an SETV in SGN even with a 2 yr overstay stamp and 7 visa exemptions in current passport, and I didn't get asked to show any proof of funds. Had a fake onward flight ticket from one of those online rental sites, handed that in with the application form and $40 (they only accept USD) and that was it. I handed it in just before they finished for the day (11:15, they stop taking applications at 11:30 and go on their lunch break). That may have helped. Also I didn't dress like a backpacker. 

55 minutes ago, jspill said:

I handed it in just before they finished for the day (11:15, they stop taking applications at 11:30 and go on their lunch break). That may have helped.

Depends on who you get as well.

There used to be a young Thai girl at the desk who just took the forms, gave them a once over and issued the receipt.

The older Vietnamese lady would give applicants the third degree.

Last time I went there was a young lad instead of the young girl and he was asking lots of questions, but it seemed like it was because he was unsure and wanted to cover everything rather than miss something.

Edited by LongTimeLurker