66 foreigners arrested in nationwide crackdown

webfact

The illegal entry is a sham, immigration takes money to turn their heads. Then tourist police round them up and take money from them before deporting them. Then the cycle starts again the next day. If you ever been on a bus to Aranyaphratet from Bangkok you know what I'm talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

No words can describe what a horror show this place is with severe overcrowding etc etc etc. Many people I met have been there for several years and 1 guy for 10 years.

The world needs to know about this place.

I was in there for 3 weeks in '97 I think it was. So many things I could say but won't... I guess the worst thing was the prison guard that called out detainees' names that were due to be released. My nickname became "England" and every other day he would yell out "England!" so I picked up my shoes ( with hidden boiled eggs in) then make my way to the cell door....Then he'd say "England's Prime Minister is Tony Blair" or "England's captain is David Beckham" before bursting into laughter and making me walk back to my 3 allocated floor tiles... A truly <deleted> awful place ...

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Hello Allseeingeye, unable to understand what were you caught & deported for? If you had a valid visa and did no crime, how could they just put you into IDC and deport you? Something seems to be missing in your story.

Would agree- I know a lot of expats here( at least 150) don’t know anyone who has been in a court . 

There is always more to the stories one reads . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

51 arrested for illegally entering Thailand? They need to solve the illegal entry issue. Seems border security would be top priority. Must be unprofitable to find those leaks... 

Best call for Donnie Dotard aka the best wall builder in the world to come here after he has finished the Mexico Government paid wall that he has started building near San Diago....opps that's only a repair job....but u get my point....he builds big beautiful walls

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I cannot agree with the maths in this post.

It is a multi trillion dollar industry. That's a lot of dosh.

Why do u think the Thai Baht is so strong....its because of the hgh overseas reserves that Thailand holds....one of the highest in the world....don't think they got those reserves from black market activities....being Number 1 or 2 exporter in the world of rice , rubber , sugar, sugar tapioca  plus hell of a lot of other stuff....

I thought , or understood probably incorrectly I guess , 

that the rules were , inprisoned until somebody pays for your flight home for example , unless you can finance this yourself but I would imagine that’s the reason they are still here because they can’t . 

So imo , hardly any actually get deported .. so the prisons are even more crowded ? I doubt that too ... I know of an individual , remain nameless 

who had overstayed by 2years , caught under different circumstances 

( at hospital ) . Locked up 3 days , ( I was happy because , glad to see ) . 

Only to find out that he was out and about the week after .. ? 

those arent foreig

1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

51 arrested for illegally entering Thailand? They need to solve the illegal entry issue. Seems border security would be top priority. Must be unprofitable to find those leaks... 

exactly, this really is a reflection on the poor job immigration police do at the entry points. but well done, Im sure they will get quite a lot for those phones they have stolen. party tonight

Edited by phycokiller