Retirement Extension

Hi I would be grateful for some advice on the following matter.
Due to personal circumstances I now wish to change my current extension for marriage, to one for retirement. I do not have the required 800.00 or the 65000 income , but the funds in my Thai bank and income from the UK exceeds the 800.000 requirement by Thai immigration. I have already completed the necessary documentation and submitted the consular letter to the British Embassy for proof of income. Having never submitted an application for a retirement extension before could somebody tell me what is the current documentation I require to submit an application to change from a marriage extension to one of retirement at Nong Khai immigration.

Thank you

When does your current extension end? You will not be able to the change until then.

If using the combination the money in the bank portion will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply at most offices.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and the balance in it, Copies of bank book showing the funds have been the bank for the 3 months.

You will need proof of residence.

Hi ubonjoe

The Marriage extension ends 26th May. Okay thank you.
That I did not know, so I should leave the application till has late has possible then. I transferred for marriage extension about two and a half months ago.
Bank and proof of residence no problem
Thank you

6 minutes ago, khastan said:

That I did not know, so I should leave the application till has late has possible then. I transferred for marriage extension about two and a half months ago.

I was not saying you should wait until it ends. I was making sure you understood you could not do the change 6 months into your current extension for example.

23 minutes ago, khastan said:

Okay sorry I misunderstood you.

Just make sure that your wife accompanies you to the immigration office for your first retirement extension application since they may well wish to check with her that she is happy with your switch from marriage to retirement.

• Like 1