Alibaba Group announces investment plans in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Yup Thailand missed the boat again, now the chinese got it.

I see deliverycars/motobikes every day here from lalamove and so...that's from online shopping.

We also hate to go shopping, even with the new skytrain it's not comfortable to go into the city which is far too busy.

Why did the Thai wait so long before starting some decent online shops? Oh wait, they can't trust eachother, well they'll pay the price for that now.

Yes there's the lazada which is very complicated and thinks we're stupid with their 40-50% discount ALL THE TIME...That's such an old trick...

"Yes there's the lazada which is very complicated...."

I may be wrong but I think Alibaba has a controlling interest in lazada.

26 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

"Yes there's the lazada which is very complicated...."

I may be wrong but I think Alibaba has a controlling interest in lazada.

When i google (yes GOOGLE) for a product it comes up with loads of hits from alibaba, aliexpress which are from china....But Google wasn't allowed to start in China that's why alibaba grew so well.

I wished there was an extension for Chrome so i wouldn't see any ad's from China when i search for something. I can't even buy from them cause i use paypal and don't want any other system for online payments.

54 minutes ago, Thian said:

But Google wasn't allowed to start in China that's why alibaba grew so well.

The TV series "Silicon Valley", which seems more a documentary than comedy, has this character Jian-Yang who is from China and stole all the ideas from US companies by adding "New" in front, as in New Google, New eBay and so on. That's pretty much what happened, the Chinese prevented US from operating there and did their own copies. The sad part is US consumers then started buying from these copies and handed the keys to the world to the commies. Reagan must be spinning in his grave fast enough to produce gigawatts of energy.

Let’s hope the countries receiving Thailand’s e-commerce exports don’t impose the same rapacious customs duty on anything coming into Thailand. Also have you tried ordering anything from Amazon after their big announcement, I can’t find one product that any supplier will deliver to Thailand, in spite of the fact most of it comes from China

Oh dear !!.... more AliExpress goods,  parcels to get bonded, racketed and held up by Thai Customs....or to be "lost" or mishandled by the Thai postal service, depending on which area you are.....

consumer e-commerce import logistics  still have a long, long, long, long way to learn and go in chauvinistic Thailand....:post-4641-1156693976:

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Let’s hope the countries receiving Thailand’s e-commerce exports don’t impose the same rapacious customs duty on anything coming into Thailand. Also have you tried ordering anything from Amazon after their big announcement, I can’t find one product that any supplier will deliver to Thailand, in spite of the fact most of it comes from China

That's because they had to refund it (paypal) if it never reached destination in thailand....i also claimed many undelivered products back. Thailand post is to blame.

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Yup Thailand missed the boat again, now the chinese got it.

I see deliverycars/motobikes every day here from lalamove and so...that's from online shopping.

We also hate to go shopping, even with the new skytrain it's not comfortable to go into the city which is far too busy.

Why did the Thai wait so long before starting some decent online shops? Oh wait, they can't trust eachother, well they'll pay the price for that now.

Yes there's the lazada which is very complicated and thinks we're stupid with their 40-50% discount ALL THE TIME...That's such an old trick...

Yes Lazada  belongs to Jack Ma but it's bit of a flop now coz he doesn't understand Thai's don't want to jump through hoops and pay him 20% commission to sell their products on his platform.
So don't know exactly what he's going to teach anyone about eCommerce.

12 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Yes Lazada  belongs to Jack Ma but it's bit of a flop now coz he doesn't understand Thai's don't want to jump through hoops and pay him 20% commission to sell their products on his platform.

Might be from a small sellers point of view. I don't care about small sellers, I'm a selfish arse, and I can find what I want from Lazada most times, delivered to my door in 2 days. I'd say the thing works fine.

30 minutes ago, monkfish said:

So don't know exactly what he's going to teach anyone about eCommerce.

20% is so much, some thai should compete with him for 10%....

2 hours ago, harada said:

It might be a good time to buy shares in BMW, Mercedes, Lambogini, with this much money coming into the country sales will skyrocket, it's no wonder Jack's getting a big hug.

Shareholders of Central and the lot will pay the bill , so no more Benzes for them...

Archived