Netizens Side With Farang Youtuber Wronged By Airport Taxi

webfact

Netizens Side With Farang Youtuber Wronged By Airport Taxi

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

Untitled-1-696x394.jpg

Daniel Lee McGee, known online as Danny Mac, in a video posted Tuesday in which he details his encounter with taxi driver Thongkham Srakaew.

BANGKOK — It’s an age-old tale: Boy lands at airport, boy meets taxi, taxi rips off boy.

But after hearing both disputed sides of a farang’s fateful airport taxi ride – and watching part of it on video millions of times – Thai netizens were overwhelmingly siding with the customer Thursday.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2018/04/19/netizens-side-with-farang-youtuber-wronged-by-airport-taxi/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-20

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I’ve found in life that the best way to not have people speak badly about you is to be a decent person. Common sense has taught me that doing bad things gives people a bad impression of me. And as my brain has matured into adulthood, I’ve realized that I’m responsible for my actions. Life becomes so much easier and better when you realize this. 

Don’t wanna be called a cheat? Don’t cheat people. 

So true! Spot on. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, terryp said:

I dont like to be ripped off and always take it very personal...BUT this guy has to be the biggest idiot ever, he could have stopped this at the Airport or anywhere on route by saying the words STOP THE TAXI NOW; he could even say it in thai:saai:.

He will regret this day in his life as thais have a long memory and if he thinks there will be no Immigration investigation leading from this then his 2 years in thailand have taught him nothing...also good luck with your next visa run & future taxi drivers in BKK.

See something, say something, do something.  If you let people run all over you that’s your choice and you enable a rotten system to persist. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, champers said:

It is quite a talent to speak Thai as well as he does and to get so many followers. 

He has done media work in Pattaya, so has experience.

Who will his next target be? Either his barber or whoever sold him those specs.

"It is quite a talent to speak Thai as well as he does"

it's true, i have never been in a country with so many talented people

• Haha 2

He's now in a real danger of a defamation lawsuit as it seems the only proof he has is the admission from the taxi driver that he asked Danny for a fixed price instead of meter. Danny's clip only captures the very last part of the conversation so it's his word against the taxi driver in regards to the other allegations (I think Danny's telling the truth but what will the court say?). He's got thousands of followers so he must have known that this would cause a stir on social media. Now he may face years of legal battles and a possible black listing from Thailand!

29 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

No talent?

Let me hear your Thai.

Don't be jelly

i can speak thai. most of my friends who are expats can, some better than others. never really seen it as a talent if i'm honest. you just learn it or pick it up. that's kind of like saying any person who has a trade or a degree is talented because they learnt something. we must have different views on talent. i looked at some of this guys videos and he's just a tool and the reason he hardly has any you tube hits is probably for that reason. now my mate nate is frickin michael jackson or some shit if you think this guy is talented

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tompa said:
He's now in a real danger of a defamation lawsuit as it seems the only proof he has is the admission from the taxi driver that he asked Danny for a fixed price instead of meter. Danny's clip only captures the very last part of the conversation so it's his word against the taxi driver in regards to the other allegations (I think Danny's telling the truth but what will the court say?). He's got thousands of followers so he must have known that this would cause a stir on social media. Now he may face years of legal battles and a possible black listing from Thailand!

And where is the poor taxi driver going to get the money to do that?

In real life only the rich do that.

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Calling 1584 or 1197 seem to have worked pretty well judging by all the press reports.

not half  as  well as You tube, my Wife has  called those numbers before now......result..............never  heard another thing.

• Thanks 1