Coloured Headlights

petedk

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

.....Once saw a car with pink headlights slowly flashing on and off!

Seriously?

Maybe it was a Barbie car.

Did you see it after a few beers or were you sober? haha

Edited by petedk
  • Like 1

A couple of years ago a (Thai) friend was following me at night up Phetkasem. I could always tell when he was behind me as he had two blue sidelights which became visible when he was within 20 metres or so. We turned on to Kanchanapisek, and just after the tollgate the bib were checking vehicles. He was stopped and fined B100 for his two blue lights. I wondered afterwards how much they were fining the lorries with multi-coloured fairy lights round the cab.

A few years ago I was preparing to cross an unlit road 'somewhere ' in Bangkok and saw a single red light approaching me at a considerable speed. I waited only to see a motor bike fly past and it had a white tail light. What sort of mental giant thought that was a good idea?

27 minutes ago, Poppy Dave said:

I waited only to see a motor bike fly past and it had a white tail light. What sort of mental giant thought that was a good idea?

That's to confuse the ghosts ( and everyone else)  into not knowing if the bike is coming or going.

I got fined for have  "wrong color" headlights on my bike..I had changed them to a more blue color  than the usual (factory standard)  yellow.

The new LED headlights are very white and "piercing"  like the old HID Xenon bulbs  and seem to be allowed so I'll go with them next time.