2 stroke lawn mower.

sipi

I am currently In Australia looking for a two stroke lawn mower and they are proving hard to find. 

We will be back In Thailand soon and can send one back if they are available. 

I am looking for a lightweight 18 inch two stroke mower or similar if anyone can let me know about availability and price please. 

4 minutes ago, sipi said:

Power and weight. 

Yeah, I thought as much. Victa do one or two in Oz.

https://www.victa.com/au/en_au/product-catalog/domestic/lawn-mowers/commando-2stroke0.html

I've not seen a stroker here other than weed-whackers and sprayers. It will of course be my luck to see one tomorrow.

'lectric are great for smaller lawns, but there's always that cord to cut unless you go cordless :sad:

• Like 1

Thanks Crossy. 

Seems the smoker is a thing of the past. 

I have a Victa that has a rebuild kit available. It was worth asking. 

It looks like the wife has lost her mowing to hubby.  Sure she will be upset. 

Having driven 2 stroke motorbikes ,for a lot of years  and now trying to keep a stroker grass strimmer going ,I would not buy  one ,problem is , biofuel, gasohol, 2 strokes engines do not like gasohol, I use 95 gasohol, best of the bunch, but I always have to take the carb apart .main jet keeps blocking up , or the float sticks, perishes the rubber fule pipes.

It hepls to use a fully synthetic oil ,not easy to find .and  I think  it is 200 baht .litar .

Proper 91octain petrol can be found ,not easy ,but a couple of gallons in a can will keep you going a while .

On the 4 stroke mower ,you can get self propeled ones ,wife should not have any problems with one .

• Thanks 1

I got the self propelled one but it needs to be pushed for some of the time around fruit trees. It is very heavy.  The two stroke one still goes ok after15 years but I would replace it If I could. 

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I thought as much. Victa do one or two in Oz.

https://www.victa.com/au/en_au/product-catalog/domestic/lawn-mowers/commando-2stroke0.html

I've not seen a stroker here other than weed-whackers and sprayers. It will of course be my luck to see one tomorrow.

'lectric are great for smaller lawns, but there's always that cord to cut unless you go cordless :sad:

Forgot to say thanks for the link.  I did enquire about the victa commando but our local dealer had 19 returned from the 20 he sold and won't stock them any more. 

Victas aren't what they used to be. 

2 minutes ago, sipi said:

I did enquire about the victa commando but our local dealer had 19 returned from the 20 he sold and won't stock them any more. 

Victas aren't what they used to be. 

Ouch! Cheap Chinese motors made down to a price :sad:

If you can re-furb your existing one that's the way to go methinks.

• Like 1

Yeah the brand names don't seem to mean anything these days.
I would say anything mostly made of plastic is out. See if you can have a look at the governor, that's another clue. The brand name one I bought in Aus had a governor made of thin sardine cans cut outs by the look of it.
I did have a Thai lawnmower for rough terrain when we first moved into a new house at Minburi years ago.
Bought a good Honda motor and the big bladed cutting assembly, with big wheels, near China Town in Banggers. Bit dangerous but would go through anything, it also did a good job of cutting the grass.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Like 1