Just stopped an assault on a woman

tumama

I was sitting by the road when this Lazada messenger guy drives past my on his motorcycle. At his feet he had a hysterical screaming woman who tried to get off it while in motion. He almost lost balance and therefor stopped the motorcycle and then he started assaulting her by punching her in the face and dragging her hair and throwing her into a fence. 

That's when I stepped in, made him stopped hitting her. I thought he was going to punch me too but he didn't. Nobody else did anything. There were probably 20 people just standing around watching it. I yelled at people to call the police. 

The girl was terrified. I've never seen anybody that scared before. She was clinging on to me like her life depended on it, creating a barrier with me between the both of them. Took over 30 min for the police to arrive, and when they did they didn't seem very interested in helping her. They didn't even try to separate the two and the guy was still talking and grabbing her arm in the "police station".

I assumed they would take my statement as I saw the whole thing. But they just asked me to leave. I had to insist that they would at least take my number, which they finally did.

I have pictures of both of them talking to a police officer. I also have pictures of the Lazada motorcycle and its plate. Can I legally post this on Facebook? So maybe it goes viral so maybe this girl will actually get justice and help from this scumbag? And that Lazada fires this guy who uses their motorcycle to assault women.

Can I post it on Facebook legally speaking? Or is that some violation of the computer law?

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

all good thoughts but it can get dicey when you intervene in others business... usually not a good idea to get into the middle of a fight, especially what might be a husband and wife - - and you don't really know what the lady might have done to prompt the action... do you speak Thai? what language were you asking for people to call the police?

Anyway - - good for you for stopping the abuse and glad you were not harmed... but let it rest there. No need to further get involved. 

He told me that was his gf. But the girl was hysterically screaming that she wasn't, and that she wanted help. I speak very little Thai. Spoke to everyone in English. 

• Like 1

At his feet he had a hysterical screaming woman.......was she a midget ? As others have hinted, your actions were commendable, but not very well thought out, the natives en masses could have turned against yoj

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DipStick said:

At his feet he had a hysterical screaming woman.......was she a midget ? As others have hinted, your actions were commendable, but not very well thought out, the natives en masses could have turned against yoj

No she wasn't a midget, but she was short. And she clearly was being taken on that bike against her will (kidnapping). She even tried to put her foot down so she could escape. But she was barefoot. 

1 minute ago, tumama said:

They weren't arguing. He was assaulting her. 

He told me that was his gf. But the girl was hysterically screaming that she wasn't, and that she wanted help. I speak very little Thai. Spoke to everyone in English ? ? ?  ?

He told me that was his gf. But the girl was hysterically screaming that she wasn't, and that she wanted help. I speak very little Thai. Spoke to everyone in English ? ? ?  ?

Yeah they both spoke English. Not very well but he could say it was his gf and she understood him and replied back saying that she wasn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mentalcolonization said:

If you think you are a hero. Then think twice. Dont go around and getting into people's business. All the other people standing around you didnt intervene for a reason. You are the luckiest man of the day. Plus if you go around putting pictures on social media, presumably you are not Thai, then be prepared for the outcome. Just today we read about the Youtuber. My advice is to stay off and let the police settle the matter

I don't think I'm a hero. I just want this girl to get help. It certainly seemed to me that she thought this guy was going to kill her. 

• Like 2

Maybe she had a Gik and he discovered it, then she got a beating and "broke up" with him. Tomorrow they are together again, next month she has a new Gik, she gets a beating again and so on. The little sister of an ex GF of me was just like this. Not even her father cared when she got a beating from her BF... TIT

Just do what the police recommended ;)

• Like 2

Just now, tumama said:

I don't think I'm a hero. I just want this girl to get help. It certainly seemed to me that she thought this guy was going to kill her. 

Just stay of fighting issues. Its a no no way to intervene in them. You did a good thing but there is a lesson people have learned here about getting into disputes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Maybe she had a Gik and he discovered it, then she got a beating and "broke up" with him. Tomorrow they are together again, next month she has a new Gik, she gets a beating again and so on. The little sister of an ex GF of me was just like this. Not even her father cared when she got a beating from her BF... TIT

Just do what the police recommended ;)

Except it wasn't just a beating. This girl clearly feared for her life. 

Foreigners don’t generally suffer from face issues,  but like everyone we do suffer from loss of blood

I actually had a bottle in my hand when the whole thing started. But I put it down before running over there. With hindsight I should have just smacked that shit over his head from behind, gave him a few punches and walked away. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, tumama said:

I actually had a bottle in my hand when the whole thing started. But I put it down before running over there. With hindsight I should have just smacked that shit over his head from behind, gave him a few punches and walked away. 

I am sorry but you are now coming across as very naive, ever heard the expression “ you have made your bed now lay in it”in your case it’s likely to be a hospital bed, which will then raise the ugly head of insurance. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DipStick said:

I am sorry but you are now coming across as very naive, ever heard the expression “ you have made your bed now lay in it”in your case it’s likely to be a hospital bed, which will then raise the ugly head of insurance. 

Well that's the risk you take isn't it? <deleted> hate scumbags like that. With hindsight it would have been worth it. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Emmess said:

NO! A sane man would not take that risk. You asked for advice and all, and I mean all the  guys gave you the same sensible advice. You want to do something, go ahead and post everything on your Facebook page.

Best of luck!

I already took a risk by stepping in between them. One could argue that attacking him first would have been less risky. And given how long it took for the cops to show up. It would have been worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1