Just stopped an assault on a woman

tumama

Yeah or worse, take it out on her. Which is why I rather this go viral so there's political pressure to actually help her. But judging from what everyone saying here I'm starting to think it's not a good idea.
To go viral don't you need a video? Post photos on here anyway. She should have gone to the police again if the first lot were rubbish. Domestic violence in many countries is brushed under the carpet

Well that's the risk you take isn't it? hate scumbags like that. With hindsight it would have been worth it. 

So what happened next? She left with who? You could of taken her back to yours. You need to post at least some photos at least otherwise it sounds potentially made up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, tumama said:

To go viral don't you need a video? Post photos on here anyway. She should have gone to the police again if the first lot were

rubbish. Domestic violence in many countries is brushed under the carpet

Yeah I could have taken a video of the beating. But instead I chose to intervene. 

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
46 minutes ago, tumama said:

Well that's the risk you take isn't it? hate scumbags like that. With hindsight it would have been worth it. 

So what happened next? She left with who? You could of taken her back to yours

Yeah maybe I should have done that. The police asked me to leave so I did. I left her with the police and her attacker. Feel bad about that now. But at least I did something. 

Edited by tumama
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Ever think that the lazada bike isn't even his? Defamation isn't something that you want to get charged with be it via the computer crimes act or anything else.

That's my point. He uses Lazada property to kidnap and assault a woman. One guy just asked me to post the pics here. If I were to do that, could that be viewed as defamation? 

If you had smacked that shit over his head from behind, I pretty much guarantee that a few of those 20 bystanders would have lamped onto you pretty quick and you wouldn't be fantasizing about posting anything viral right now as you would be banged up already.

Not fantasizing about anything. Just want to help this girl. But with hindsight it would probably have been better just beating the shit out of the guy. 

Put away the bloody shining armor. You've committed what equates to a lifetime of foolishness already.

Nah, I've done shit like this many times before. 

Edited by tumama
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Are you only being spectacularly dim tonight or is it something that you work on? 

If it is NOT a lazada bike, they won't care that he may have borrowed it but they will be all over you like a dose of the crabs with the inference that lazada hires woman-beating yobs.

Luckily, the mods will stop the nonsense if you try and post anything here.

3 words... Get over it.

Well personally if I worked for Lazada I wouldn't want the company name associated with beating up women. So yeah, I do think they care. And what's your f-ucking problem? Are you a wife beater apologist or what? 

EDIT: Yeah he didn't borrow it because he was wearing a Lazada t-shirt with a Lazada badge around his neck.

Edited by tumama
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Well done. Takes courage, which few have these days in Pattaya. Typical TH situation and police hardly intervenes ever. I remember the exact same situation on Second Rd. many years back. Nobody moved to help the girl being kicked on the ground outside her massage place. I stepped

in and grabbed the slimy little bastard. Opppsssss...Not a second later I got grabbed and pushed aside with firm grip and 4 huge black dressed

Swat guys in a blacked out van, that were stuck in traffic right next to us, gave the bastard a bit of his own medicine, before they cuffed him and threw him in the van. Quite  a show. But appalling how hardly anybody helps in most emergency cases. So much better in the Western world. 

MS>

2 minutes ago, tumama said:

Well personally if I worked for Lazada I wouldn't want the company name associated with beating up women. So yeah, I do think they care. And what's your f-ucking problem? Are you a wife beater apologist or what? 

But you don't.

You are the one with the problem. Not everyone with a bloody smartphone with a 15 megapixel camera, an internet connection and a FB account wants to be a bloody iWarrior... just you.

Look, even the cops told you to bugger off.

So, why don't you just?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

But you don't.

You are the one with the problem. Not everyone with a bloody smartphone with a 15 megapixel camera, an internet connection and a FB account wants to be a bloody iWarrior... just you.

Look, even the cops told you to bugger off.

So, why don't you just?

Because she feared for her life, that's why. They pretty much just asked the girl where she was from before they asked me to f off. Yeah I do speak some Thai. 

The Thai girl that called the police, said something like "well they were together". Like that somehow justifies kidnapping and assault 

• Confused 1

Yeah maybe I should have done that. The police asked me to leave so I did. I left her with the police and her attacker. Feel bad about that now. But at least I did something. 
Most responses will advise you to not get involved and help. Also to not help in medical emergencies, sadly its the kind of people here
  • Like 2

The OP has the choice post or not to post his pics up to him He has save the girl from a more serious assault at that moment in time great credit to him for what is a risky intervention anywhere even more so here. On balance I would call it quits if it were me but good luck with your decision.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I stopped one once in the street back in Australia to help a girl. An old guy nearby who had worked in the emergency services his whole life spoke to me. He said don't bother intervening in relationship disputes. He was always getting called out to them and you soon learn on the job there is no point taking a beating because the girl always goes back to them the next day. 

Of course, if you are seeing a girl take a beating it is hard not to naturally help her. When I first arrived in Thailand I helped a girl. She was screaming, crying, thinking she was going to die etc. Got her and put her in the car, where the Mrs was. The Mrs told her, we will go to the police. She said no. Mrs said, my uncle is boss of the police, so I can make sure they will definitely help you. She outright refused to go to the police and instead (after 10 or so minutes) asked to be dropped off at a restaurant within walking distance of where the abuse took place in the first place.

I still would intervene, but don't bother taking it any further after she is safe. Well done for intervening, but it is just being a unnecessary hero to continue with it. There is systems (official and not official) in place to deal with these things, if she doesn't take them up then not much you can do. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, tumama said:

Nah, I've done shit like this many times before. 

Can you post some photos from the scene? Otherwise people will think you are Sharky or something

Yeah I can. But i'm worried about the legalities. TIT after all. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Speak very little Thai, but all understood him in English? And of course did he understand all that was spoken by them. Makes sense. Aeeh

Yeah well he did say that in English. If he had said it in Thai I would have understood it as well. I understand more than I speak. And to be perfectly honest, I was also in a state of heighten awareness and I was focusing more on how to defend myself rather than what to say. Something that was greatly diminished due to the fact the girl was holding on to me really tight and refused to let go.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

I stopped one once in the street back in Australia to help a girl. An old guy nearby who had worked in the emergency services his whole life spoke to me. He said don't bother intervening in relationship disputes. He was always getting called out to them and you soon learn on the job there is no point taking a beating because the girl always goes back to them the next day. 

Of course, if you are seeing a girl take a beating it is hard not to naturally help her. When I first arrived in Thailand I helped a girl. She was screaming, crying, thinking she was going to die etc. Got her and put her in the car, where the Mrs was. The Mrs told her, we will go to the police. She said no. Mrs said, my uncle is boss of the police, so I can make sure they will definitely help you. She outright refused to go to the police and instead (after 10 or so minutes) asked to be dropped off at a restaurant within walking distance of where the abuse took place in the first place.

I still would intervene, but don't bother taking it any further after she is safe. Well done for intervening, but it is just being a unnecessary hero to continue with it. There is systems (official and not official) in place to deal with these things, if she doesn't take them up then not much you can do. 

Well from the time I intervened to the time I left her, she told me she wanted to press charges. The girl was scared to death. Never seen anything like it before except in horror movies. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tumama said:

Well from the time I intervened to the time I left her, she told me she wanted to press charges. The girl was scared to death. Never seen anything like it before except in horror movies. 

You seem to like horror movies. Well done, you are a hero and photos should be posted. 

Just now, tumama said:

So let the officials handle it now. He will probably have to pay her and them more than he can afford. And they will tell him to stay away. Many on here call that corruption, but it is something, generally, all 3 parties are happy with and agree on to avoid court processes. 

Not much point getting more involved than you have to.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

You seem to like horror movies. Well done, you are a hero and photos should be posted. 

No, not a big fan of horror movies. Just never seen anyone this scared before. 

You can see how he grabs her arm in the photo. He was doing that throughout, even when she was clinging on to me. Like she was some kind of possession of his. 

Edited by tumama

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Maybe he was taking her shoe shopping ! Poor girl is barefoot 

Yeah because I always take my gf for shopping just before I abduct her and punch her in her face. Dude what the F is wrong you you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1