Wounded soldier gets world's first penis transplant in U.S. operation

webfact

20 hours ago, DipStick said:

And your point is ? The military man who had his manhood blown off and the thousands with missing limbs were stupid to expose themselves . I wonder what military experience you have apart from computer games ?

His point obviously sailed well above your head.... and... he was probably being way to polite in making it.

Now... let’s see if I can put it simpler.... this poor guy got his junk blown off by a bomb, which is a common war usage tool, like a gun, that kills people from a distance.

other bombs of note include “big boy” in 1945, cluster bombs in Vietnam ( let’s not talk about brave napalm) and MOABs as seen in Afghanistan, or my favorite... a drone strike! .... all deployed by the same nation.... is that then a cowardly nation? (sorry American friends... it was an easier paragraph to write than discussing Greek fire and armored cavalry attacking bare footed peasant armies)

lol.... one could call any encounter where one side has an advantage, either cowardly or bullying.... Only a coward brings a gun to a knife fight, right?

anyway.... I hope this guy has many many happy encounters with his new toy.

7 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

Only if he was like you and could only find use for a sexual outlet here and no other place.

You don't know anything about me so why would you start straight in with personal abuse?

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm still curious about what this new penis is all about. It was already stated it won't get erect without an artificial implant. That's bad enough, but does anyone know if he will have sexual pleasure and feeling of orgasm? If not, it's more or less just COSMETIC, isn't it? 

Of course even an only cosmetic organ would be a huge improvement over nothing there. Reminds me of a funny line on the t.v. show Veep from a middle aged character who referred to his penis as only ORNAMENTAL. 

JT, I think you are reading the article wrong. The procedure he has had should give him back full functionality:

“We are hopeful that this transplant will help restore near-normal urinary and sexual functions for this young man,”

What I think you are getting confused with, is when they describe previous techniques of rebuilding a penis from other parts of the body, in which case he would be impotent and need an implant:

Lee said that although it is possible to reconstruct a penis using tissue from other body parts, a prosthesis implant would be necessary to achieve an erection, and that comes with a much higher rate of infection.

This new, and pioneering procedure should help this young guy lead as normal a life as possible.

Although its not mentioned in this article on another I read, on NBC news (I think), said the testes had not been transplanted for ethical reasons. Found it somewhat strange that if the next of kin of the donor had given permission for the penis transplant they would have become squeamish over the testes.

14 hours ago, poanoi said:

i think its impossible to get a genuine boner without balls,

and orgasm is obviously impossible

When I was 15 many many years ago I was told of a chap that lost his testicles and they were replaced with pickled onions .true true !   When asked on a visit to the hospital as an O P how things were he said ' Fine , only thing is for some reason I get a stiffy when I see a cheese sandwich '  Of course at 15 I was very gullible so not sure if this was a true story.

Can't help feeling it will all end in tears later down the line with eg the recipient's body rejecting the organ and it's just some doctor trying to make a name for himself being the first to do such an operation.

Archived