Trump to visit Britain, hold talks with UK's May July 13

webfact

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I think you will find that Trumpsters and Brexiters map quite nicely on to one another. Such a shame that half the UK are indeed morons.

I think we've all heard more than enough of Trump and I for one don't want to hear anymore of his sleazy, mobster, embarrassing ways. I think that the man is a corrupt useless moron.

The words tits and bore hogs come to mind ?

That's part of today's problem. People arrogantly insisting that only their views are valid and anyone who has a different view must be a moron. 

Sad that some seem to be regressing to the Kinnock days when he and his cronies televised debates consisted mainly of insults hurled at any opposition rather than any rational debate or explanation of policies. 

I don't as you know, support Brexit. But I have to accept that the moron Cameron, and he really is one, was too stupid to even organize a proper referendum with precise rules and margins.

Still, cheer up, not long till the glorious 12th of August!

He will visit the UK? That's not possible. Because... Liberals in this forum mentioned in Abitur thread he's scared of the protests. Might it be that the liberals are wrong? Once again? Unbelievable.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Scott said:

Post with aberrant spelling of a politician's name has been removed.   They have proper names.   Use them.   Name calling is very childish. 

You're right, we shouldn't stoop to Trump's level - of using childish name calling.

4 hours ago, Hogs said:

I can assure you there will also be  HUGE TRUMP fan club welcoming him do not think for 1 second the majority of people outside of London hate TRUMP they do not in fact they wish WE HAD A TRUMP 

I don't think most English folk want a Trump, unless you want a lying SOB who would kick environmentalists in the balls, trash anti-nuke treaties, and make England look like a redneck nation of gun-hugging imbeciles.

I predict there will be a relatively small group of Trump supporters for his visit.  They will be put in a prominent position along the motorcade.   Concurrently, there will be a vastly larger group of folks who will protest against the lying SOB.   Bobbies will try to scoot them away and hush them up.

Note:  One of Trump's bosom buddies, Bannon, is touring Europe as we speak.  Besides praising white-supremacists everywhere he goes, he openly admits he actively campaigned for Brexit during the Brexit campaign.  It was a close vote.  Was racist Bannon (and Trump, and Kushner and Stone....) affective enough to manipulate enough UK votes to get Brexit to pass?   We'll probably never know.  Food for thought.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mark01 said:

.....And the pound goes south!

Cheers

Chill..........that 0.1 % gdp growth was because of the weather.  The Eur is down against the dollar aswell. More to  do with a strengthening dollar. 

Back on topic...what were we all on about????

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

No one does pomp and ceremony better than we Brits, but the enthusiasm that goes with it will be absent for this idiot. I doubt they'll give him the privilege of addressing both houses for fear of the reception he might receive.

Trump is a buffoon & thankfully destined for a single-term presidency. 

Pomp and ceremony and let's go ******* mental. 

3 minutes ago, Hogs said:

He is very quickly EARNING IT 

Another history breaking event TODAY all because of TRUMP

lol Not respect he isn't.

I think the last person due to visit the UK under a cloud of such derision was Fred Phelps who was eventually banned from entering in 2009 because the authorities knew what the public reaction would be.

13 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Just why should the British people do that..are they Clintonites?
Just imagine some did protest and there was a pro Trump demo as well???
London has quite enough on its plate right now without the revolting loony left causing problems

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What on earth are you talking about? "" Loony left"" went out of fashion years ago.

You really should be thinking Loony Right to which Trump obviously belongs.

And what are the Clintons to do with Trumps visit?

I say get out on the streets and demonstrate against this worst President in the history of the USA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hogs said:

He is very quickly EARNING IT 

Another history breaking event TODAY all because of TRUMP

It's certain PT is a strong leader ,don't listen to all of that dumpster rubbish the progressives are spewing.He's coming as a well wisher, diplomat and ally. He admires the UK because your a tough lot,the kind that work hard and can take care of themselves and he won't be telling you where to stand in line. 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

It's certain PT is a strong leader ,don't listen to all of that dumpster rubbish the progressives are spewing.He's coming as a well wisher, diplomat and ally. He admires the UK because your a tough lot,the kind that work hard and can take care of themselves and he won't be telling you where to stand in line. 

It's hard to know if your are being sarcastic or not because some people do actually think like that.... quite a few actually. We're not talking about the moon landings being faked, area 51, flat Earth, chemtrails and reptile invasion wackos who generally number in the tens or hundreds but rather millions of people. It's sad that such a thing is not amazing because we already know that our species is very gullible. 

Edited by notmyself
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

What on earth are you talking about? "" Loony left"" went out of fashion years ago.

You really should be thinking Loony Right to which Trump obviously belongs.

And what are the Clintons to do with Trumps visit?

I say get out on the streets and demonstrate against this worst President in the history of the USA.

From what the average Englishman can see he must be the best president the USA has had in living memory. Only the unemployable left wing ner'do wells and die hard Corbyn supporters will be taking to the streets and demonstrating just like they always do at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

From what the average Englishman can see he must be the best president the USA has had in living memory.

Are you claiming that the "average Englishman" is incapable of ranking foreign heads of state based on objective policy achievements?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Are you claiming that the "average Englishman" is incapable of ranking foreign heads of state based on objective policy achievements?

He puts his own people first which is something our leaders are dead against. And he has sorted out N Korea.

Now you tell us what he has done wrong, forget about his womanising ways, we're all big boys on here who all know the score. We all come to the LOS for the same thing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

He puts his own people first which is something our leaders are dead against. And he has sorted out N Korea.

Now you tell us what he has done wrong, forget about his womanising ways, we're all big boys on here who all know the score. We all come to the LOS for the same thing.

Somehow you are confusing pre-election pandering with objective, post-election policy, which has only put corporations and elites first relegating "the people" to a distant, oft unseen, mirage on the horizon.

Your NK statement is, if nothing else, premature and unsubstantiated.

I came to Thailand 13 yrs ago with my (western) wife. We still love the country. Is that the same as you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Somehow you are confusing pre-election pandering with objective, post-election policy, which has only put corporations and elites first relegating "the people" to a distant, oft unseen, mirage on the horizon.

Your NK statement is, if nothing else, premature and unsubstantiated.

I came to Thailand 13 yrs ago with my (western) wife. We still love the country. Is that the same as you?

Who are you trying to kid. Don't make out you don't have a little bit on the side when you get the chance. Just like Donald does.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Who are you trying to kid. Don't make out you don't have a little bit on the side when you get the chance. Just like Donald does.

Not everyone is the same as 45 and (apparently) you, mon ami.

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 2

On 27/04/2018 at 1:01 PM, evadgib said:

No one does pomp and ceremony better than we Brits, but the enthusiasm that goes with it will be absent for this idiot. I doubt they'll give him the privilege of addressing both houses for fear of the reception he might receive.

Trump is a buffoon & thankfully destined for a single-term presidency. 

I'll bet you predicted he wouldn't get elected.

• Like 2

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/thousand-drag-queens-will-greet-trump-official-state-visit-london/ 

"Let's get visible.. and show that we are a country that celebrates diversity"  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2018/apr/30/why-im-organising-a-drag-protest-to-welcome-donald-trump

"When diversity is attacked, it is imperative that marginalised people stay visible, stand up to bullies and engage satirically with what is going on. It is about more than just one group’s interests and needs, and it is vital to stand in solidarity with all marginalised groups who are affected by Trump’s administration and the rhetoric of intolerance that fuels it."

TrumpDragUK-800x430.png

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

His visit has already been downgraded to the previously sort of promised full state visit. Perhaps that clear (and so well deserved) official DISSING will be enough to greatly reduce the protests. I don't know but my guess is that the "trump" people are banking on that. 

2 hours ago, Opl said:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/thousand-drag-queens-will-greet-trump-official-state-visit-london/ 

"Let's get visible.. and show that we are a country that celebrates diversity"  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2018/apr/30/why-im-organising-a-drag-protest-to-welcome-donald-trump

"When diversity is attacked, it is imperative that marginalised people stay visible, stand up to bullies and engage satirically with what is going on. It is about more than just one group’s interests and needs, and it is vital to stand in solidarity with all marginalised groups who are affected by Trump’s administration and the rhetoric of intolerance that fuels it."

TrumpDragUK-800x430.png

That's quite relevant considering the newly minted "trump" Secretary of State is a vile anti LGBT civil rights bigot. That means that any support the U.S. diplomats have given abroad to oppressed gay people internationally is not official over.