Son caught with cannabis on the islands

9 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Why do you keep contradicting the Guy, he has nothing to gain by Lying, he has just been thru the process with his Son, he is simply trying to educate and inform and warn others as to the CURRENT CONSEQUENCES and the corrupt Judicial system, why dont you accept that instead of trying to show us all what a Smart Ass you are, your Pathetic.

Why?  Because what I am saying is correct, that's why, if you think that makes me a smart arse, that's fine, your opinion of me is inconsequential.

Let me explain where you are wrong also; "he" has not been through anything with "his" son, it is the son's mother that is making the claim based on nothing but hearsay.  The son did not get into an overstay situation!

2 hours ago, rdhowell said:

Haha...."self-righteously complain about corruption"? Corruption is corruption. Nothing self-righteous about pointing out the fact.

For you, this is called ignorance.

"Nothing self-righteous about pointing out the fact".

There is when she was contributing to the corruption by paying bribes to get her son fast-tracked through the court!

Ignorance?  Don't think so.

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why?  Because what I am saying is correct, that's why, if you think that makes me a smart arse, that's fine, your opinion of me is inconsequential.

Let me explain where you are wrong also; "he" has not been through anything with "his" son, it is the son's mother that is making the claim based on nothing but hearsay.  The son did not get into an overstay situation!

If you are detained or barred from leaving the country due to litigation or court proceedings then you still need to arrange and pay for an extension of stay. This can be applied for under section 2.26 of police order 777/2551.

2.26 In the case of litigation or court proceedings: Each permission shall be granted for no more than 90 days.

(1) There must be evidence confirming that the applicant is involved in a litigation or court proceedings as accuser, injured person, accused, plaintiff, defendant, or witness.

http://asean.org/storage/2016/08/Thailand172.pdf

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Ah, the self appointed Thai Government Mouthpiece on ThaiVisa has a platform to preach, and what fun!. As it is Sunday morning, I'll just see if Jimmy Swaggert is on cable to get the same level of self riotous hypocrisy here.

*Remember TrollTeamers, hunt in a pack or don't attack

Point out my hypocrisy then, specifically.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

If you are detained or barred from leaving the country due to litigation or court proceedings then you still need to arrange and pay for an extension of stay. This can be applied for under section 2.26 of police order 777/2551.

2.26 In the case of litigation or court proceedings: Each permission shall be granted for no more than 90 days.

(1) There must be evidence confirming that the applicant is involved in a litigation or court proceedings as accuser, injured person, accused, plaintiff, defendant, or witness.

http://asean.org/storage/2016/08/Thailand172.pdf

Your link gives the requirements for someone who is not detained.  My comments all along relate to those who have been arrested and are detained and have no access to their passport.  Those in that situation do not have to apply for and pay for an extension, how could they, they're detained!  There is a process that accommodates them, obviously.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bigpanda42 said:

As a parent I can't understand why you had smokes weed and want to take it to an Asian country........what a dick....if he was my son I would have punched him in the head and left him in jail. ..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would feel ashamed to have parents like you, as you clearly show that you know nothing and understand nothing.

How stupid can be some people is beyond understanding, how can they be allowed to have kids ?!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Excellent news indeed and hopefully in future others found in possession of drugs are treated exactly the same. Banned for life sends out the perfect message druggies are not wanted or tolerated.

Frankly lucky he didnt get a stretch as well

Frankly, I hope that it happens to anybody close to you enough to you for you to feel the pain.

I cannot stand ridiculous people like you who should be deported as soon as they cause and accident after drinking even 1 glass of any alcohol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Your link gives the requirements for someone who is not detained.

No it doesn't, it gives the requirements for an applicant who is involved in a litigation or court proceedings as accuser, injured person, accused, plaintiff, defendant, or witness.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

It all worked out in the end and you both got through it alive...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

... or maims you for life lol. Hope the chap has learned his lesson because it could stand him in good stead when making decisions in the future. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

A few have screamed and shouted about civil liberties and the passport is not their property and belongs to the crown etc. The Thai authorities take no heed or notice of these objections by anybody.

The passport issue is laughable because the ownership question only deals with unauthorized possession by another. Legal entities ARE authorized and therefor ARE authorized to hold it. I would hope that those who have screamed and shouted (not a good idea) are private individuals and not legal representation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

He's 18-years-old, In my book you're supposed to be a young man by that age, not a child.

There are plenty of 20+ & 30+ year olds on this planet who are still children!

25 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

There are plenty of 20+ & 30+ year olds on this planet who are still children!

Absolutely,

And with the ' nanny state ' and the way they get mollycoddled in the UK, it is no surprise they end up immature and irresponsible into their mid to late twenties in some cases.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 7:53 PM, Just Weird said:

"...deported and blacklisted for life for 2.9g of weed".

Deported and blacklisted for life for doing something he knew was illegal but he thought that it was worth the risk.    You're not condoning what he did, are you?

"...deferred until May 9th (funnily enough the date his visa was due to expire, where he would have been charged with overstaying too)"

That is incorrect.  There are arrangements made for arrestees' visas to be extended to accommodate the delay caused by court action as a result of criminal activity even though they cause the delay themselves by being arrested.

Blacklisted for life is outrageous. Get down off your high moral horse.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Do you know what else is utterly horrific and inhumane? white people who think they should be beyond the laws of other countries. 

Don't do the crime, don't serve the time. 

Another white knight charging puritanically into battle. Did the mother say her son shouldn't be subject to the law of the land? And don't you think a lifetime ban is harsh considering the crime? 

• Like 1

thanks for the update Mum2.... hopefully this will be enough to put your son off doing drugs in any country in the future, so will have some positive results too.......  good luck to you both

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Nothing self-righteous about pointing out the fact".

There is when she was contributing to the corruption by paying bribes to get her son fast-tracked through the court!

Ignorance?  Don't think so.

Wow, blame the mom for the corruption of the officials!!!!

Hahaha. No need to waste time pointing out the flaw there.

Yes. Sorry, but it was ignorance. Deal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Just Weird said:

There was no "made-up" crime in this case.

Actually, every crime is made-up, by DEFINITION.

A "crime" is something that is illegal, and "illegal" is established by a person/court/country, etc.

Legality, and thus criminality, are in the eye of the beholder.

In this important sense: a "crime" has no necessary connection to Right vs Wrong; Ethics; Morals.

Most people here taking issue with the woman and her son are doing so because of an Implicit assumption, which they do not state openly: a crime means that it is Wrong, morally. This is what really urks them (and perhaps you) underneath, but few will admit this.

However, nothing could be farther from the truth.

A crime is man-made. There is no crime unless a law is created by man. But whether that law reflects the reality of it being morally wrong - that is an entirely separate issue.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gaff said:

I would feel ashamed to have parents like you, as you clearly show that you know nothing and understand nothing.

How stupid can be some people is beyond understanding, how can they be allowed to have kids ?!

Wow. Read your own post before telling someone they know nothing and understand nothing, and asking how stupid "can be some people."

Quite amusing.

But at least you seem genuine enough. 

And that's a great question: how are some people allowed to have kids!

But it's off topic, unfortunately.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, rdhowell said:

The top official/officials in charge of drug policy on Thailand has admitted that every "war on drugs" has failed. Furthermore, concerning marijuana, that the laws and penalties need to change, and will change - it's only a matter of time.

The very Thai government agrees that penalties for possessing marijuana are excessive, do not work, that drug users are not criminals - and should be treated as "patients." 

Everything is said, nothing to add, anybody blaming people who use substances readily available in Thailand EVERYWHERE is just plain stupid.

The top official/officials in charge of drug policy on Thailand has admitted that every "war on drugs" has failed. Furthermore, concerning marijuana, that the laws and penalties need to change, and will change - it's only a matter of time.

The very Thai government agrees that penalties for possessing marijuana are excessive, do not work, that drug users are not criminals - and should be treated as "patients."