‘Help Me Think’ Prayuth Says, Dodging On Doi Suthep

webfact

‘Help Me Think’ Prayuth Says, Dodging On Doi Suthep

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__13828174-696x522.jpg

Protest “pallbearers” prepare to carry a coffin Sunday in the shape of a section of Doi Suthep forest clear-cut for the construction of homes for judges and other court officers in Chiang Mai province.

BANGKOK — Saying “help me think,” the junta leader Monday asked the public for ideas following the largest protest in years demanding he do something about homes being built for judges atop clear-cut forest.

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha remained reluctant to take a stance on the controversial construction project carved into protected forest land on Doi Suthep, after thousands of demonstrators gave him an a seven-day ultimatum to address the issue at a Sunday rally.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/04/30/help-me-think-prayuth-says-dodging-on-doi-suthep/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-30

I hope no one thinks he is negligent in his duty as PM in this matter.  It could lead to accusations, summons, seizure of assets, a trial and imprisonment ( in that order)............ Oh I forgot...... he has his 'immunity'.

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

I think he has his name down for a donor brain,when they get 

a decent one in,so  he might have a long wait.anybody got the time ?

regards Worgeordie

Priceless Geordie, best comment of the day.

Maybe if he and Ole Fatty put their heads together, it would maybe make half a brain.

It really doesn't matter what he thinks or what he might finally decide to do. If he follows his usual form he will make some grand announcement and vow to do such and such and then walk away and do absolutely nothing. 

First he needs someone to help him understand politics now he needs someone to help him think, what the F##k is this bloke doing in politics, Oh that's right was in the right place at the right time!!!!!

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Priceless Geordie, best comment of the day.

Maybe if he and Ole Fatty put their heads together, it would maybe make half a brain.

As opposed to 'half-heartedly' making statements that are then not followed through.

Why is it legal for the government to encroach on protected lands ?  Because the government now just makes up the laws as it goes along.   It looks like happiness is still a long way off in Thailand.  All has been done without any thought whatsoever.  The last four years has been rudderless due to a huge deficit of intellect of the current government. 

1 minute ago, Saraphee said:

Help Me Think - What would be the point?

Then perhaps he could start to think objectively, remove the blinkers, and realise what he's doing is nothing whatsoever to do with democracy or taking the country forwards to that now infamous 'Thailand 4.0' phrase.

What this tiny man is really saying is, "we were installed to protect the elite, the wealthy, those currently in office, the powerful and those with connections". This is a real problem for me, as it relates directly to the lifestyle of those people I have been sworn to protect, and to ensure the preservation of their wealth. So, let me think. Is there any sort of fake narrative I can put out there, that makes this storm go away, without changing the status quo one iota? Let me think.

My concern is that there is no discussion of 'why is an enclave being built for judges and judiciary officials'.

This seriously smacks of elitism, just what Thailand needs to be rid of.

Why are they entitled to more from taxpayers funds? There is no valid reason whatever.

Taxpayers funds should bring equal benefits / equal opportunity / support overall good quality of life for all Thai citizens and not be used to support elitism or support one specific sector of society!

Is there any valid reason why judges and their staff should have an expensive housing enclave paid for by taxpayers money - absolutely NO.

Are judges poor? Do they need financial help to have a roof over their head? No and no, compared to most Thais they have quite large salaries and should be well capable of individually supporting themselves and bottom line it's their own individual  responsibility to put a roof over themselves and their family.

Do judges all want to live in one village? If yes then that also brings serious questions about their attitudes to building and maintaining a civil society!

This must be the result of the hard work of an image coach who told uncle Tu: before you run in an election, we must get rid of your image as an egomaniac. Hence, you got to cry out for help,- those full of Thainess, dressed in period costumes will swallow it.

Dissent continues to churn and some media is becoming more emboldened at covering peasants and serfs who would otherwise have no voice or recourse against the establishment.  PM fancies becoming an elected politician but this conundrum seems to have tripped his CPU offline.

Give us a break! Absolutely pathetic:bah: its childlike
is this appropriate behaviour for the former head of the army ? You're out on the battlefield and you say to your troops help  me think:giggle:
you're not fooling anyone general

Archived