Attorney General To Seek 3 Million Baht From Premchai

snoop1130

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

8DF4CFFE-26C2-4343-A989-F1E711FA55A3-696x522.jpeg

Premchai Karnasuta, far left, on Feb. 5 sits in the campsite where he was found with the remains of a leopard, panther and other wildlife in the Thungyai Naresuan Wildlife Sanctuary in Kanchanaburi province.

BANGKOK — The attorney general Monday will seek to punish accused wildlife poacher Premchai Karnasuta with a 3 million baht fine after signing off on six criminal complaints related to alleged poaching in a wildlife sanctuary.

In the final indictment announced after months of investigation, Premchai, CEO of Italian-Thai Development, will be prosecuted on weapon-related charges including hunting protected species on protected land. The announcement did not rule out seeking jail time for Premchai.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/04/30/attorney-general-to-seek-3-million-baht-from-premchai/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-4-30

16 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Petty cash for the big boy. Into whose pocket/s does the 3 million go is the serious question.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Premchai faces seven charges

By Saichon Srinuanchan

The Nation

d1973e04994d57ada31d83842cbec9a0.jpeg

Police plea for three more charges turned down by attorney general

CONSTRUCTION tycoon Premchai Karnasuta will face prosecution on seven charges related to his alleged poaching in a wildlife sanctuary.

The public prosecutor yesterday announced that the Attorney-General had decided to arraign Premchai on the seven charges favoured by the prosecutor, despite police requesting that he add a further three charges to the tally.

The seven charges against Premchai are: collusion in bringing guns to a public place without permission; collusion in hunting wildlife in a sanctuary without permission; collusion in hunting protected animals without permission; collusion in possessing wild animal carcasses; collusion in hiding illegally-acquired wild animal carcasses; collusion in collecting forest products inside a forest reserve without permission; and bribery.

Police argued for Premchai facing three additional charges: entering a wildlife sanctuary without permission, possession of hunting tools, and attempted hunting.

The disagreement between the two bodies led the local public prosecutors to ask Attorney-General Khemchai Chutiwongse to make a ruling on which charges Premchai and his alleged accomplices should face.

The three other suspects variously face between five and seven charges, depending on their alleged role in the alleged crimes.

National police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda yesterday said he respected the decision by public prosecutors to pursue legal actions against Premchai on six counts (plus a bribery charge added later) instead of nine as suggested by police investigators.

“The police worked to the best of our ability in gathering the pieces of evidence,” Chakthip said.

When asked if Premchai would eventually benefit from the decision, the police chief said: “This matter involved judgement by public prosecutors”.

In a related development, public prosecutors yesterday indicted Premchai and his chauffeur Yong Dodkrua for offering a bribe to an official. The Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases Region 7 in Samut Songkhram accepted the case for trial.

The court scheduled May 28 for the two defendants to testify after they denied the charge of bribery.

The defendants later were released on bail of Bt100,000 each on condition that they do not leave the country without court permission Premchai left the court without speaking to reporters.

Apichart Tordamrong, a senior prosecutor in charge of corruption litigation, said yesterday that the prosecution was convinced they had sufficient evidence to support their case.

The public prosecutor in charge of the case, Apichon Rakbua, yesterday said prosecutors had carefully built their case from available witnesses, documentary evidence, and an audio recording in which Premchai’s driver is said to have offered a bribe in exchange for not taking legal action against all those accused of hunting wild animals in the national forest.

He declined to give further details regarding the case.

Offering a bribe is an offence under the Penal Code.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30344335

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-4-30
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The attorney general Monday will seek to punish accused wildlife poacher Premchai Karnasuta with a 3 million baht fine after signing off on six criminal complaints related to alleged poaching in a wildlife sanctuary.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The public prosecutor yesterday announced that the Attorney-General had decided to arraign Premchai on the seven charges favoured by the prosecutor, despite police requesting that he add a further three charges to the tally.

If by now they can't even figure out on how many charges he actually will be prosecuted, then I can figure out the verdict already.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why would you assume that when the OP clearly stated..."The announcement did not rule out seeking jail time for Premchai"

Call it a sixth sense. 

I ‘guarantee’ you he will not be going to jail. I don’t have a sixth sense. Just the boring old common one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's done his time behind bars.so let's leave it that and forget it ever happened thai style.3 million,pocket money to this guy.these people are untouchable.remember a long time ago that deputy prime minister and the watches scandal.nothing but a mix up and all sorted...them at the top certainly look after each other and if anyone dare speak up,well I'm sorry that won't happen as they can't speak with all their noses in the trough.

• Like 1

Hiso's please note. Now you need the price of killing endangered species.

The parks should be full of wealthy scum like him this weekend, trying their hand.

52 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

It is like asking a senior Foreign consultant who makes $325,000 USD per year for $750 to make major charges attracting long jail go away.

A joke.

IMG_0651.JPG

True, but still I havent seen lo so poachers paying similar fines so at least they upped the fine a bit.

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Call it a sixth sense. 

I ‘guarantee’ you he will not be going to jail. I don’t have a sixth sense. Just the boring old common one. 

He will get a suspended jail time and some “community” work because he is a good citizen and contribute to the wealth of the country and some to the pockets of the appropriate people. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I could not.. I am no hunter. I love nature.

I shot a sparrow once when I was a kid.my sister caught me and beat me up.since then it's only been flies,ants,scorpions and centipedes.oh and some zander which I caught and are a killer plague to British water ways.

There are many revolting aspects to this story, but one that I find particularly sickening is how him and the other other guys seem to be treated as equals (by the justice system) in this case. Sort of like a small group of friends deciding to go out on some exciting illegal adventure...

However, reality is radically different : the other guys are his employees, and that changes the whole picture.

You don't say no to the boss, especially one with such an obviously massive sense of self-importance. In a situation like this, the 'underlings' would also be trying, pathetically but understandably, to ingratiate themselves with the boss in the hope of future rewards.

In such a configuration, trying to figure out who actually pulled the trigger (and then laying most of the blame on him) is irrelevant, twisted and incredibly dishonest.

22 hours ago, TVGerry said:

Wow!! 3 million baht fine! I assume no jail time? While 3 million baht is much more than the usual 500 baht, to someone like this fella, it's practically nothing. Justice is served!

He may not be found guilty...funny (?) how things work in the Thai court system!