3BB in Jomtien - Am I Being Throttled?

quandow

Assuming that you have xDSL, given the amount of rain we have had it's probably just your modem losing the connection due to damp or other crap having got into a wire or junction box somewhere. You can easily tell by looking at the lights on the modem. The 3BB call centre will check the line quality also if you ask them to.

Throttling does not cause the signal to drop off completely: it just reduces the amount of data you can transfer. 3BB certainly does this in the evenings, as do most (all?) ISPs here.

11 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Assuming that you have xDSL, given the amount of rain we have had it's probably just your modem losing the connection due to damp or other crap having got into a wire or junction box somewhere. You can easily tell by looking at the lights on the modem. The 3BB call centre will check the line quality also if you ask them to.

Throttling does not cause the signal to drop off completely: it just reduces the amount of data you can transfer. 3BB certainly does this in the evenings, as do most (all?) ISPs here.

I have 3BB 30/10 and have never experienced any throttling or data transfer issues. I stream US and UK TV daily and also online game with PlayStation 4 from late afternoon until the AM hours.   Data issues might be caused by having a larger number of users in your area being online in the evening

I have 3BB 30/10 and have never experienced any throttling or data transfer issues. I stream US and UK TV daily and also online game with PlayStation 4 from late afternoon until the AM hours. Data issues might be caused by having a larger number of users in your area being online in the evening

Good for you! They definitely use traffic shaping after 6pm. No question about it. Depending on your usage you might not notice it though, and that's the general idea.

I bought pocket WiFi from AIS the  pocket box was @ 300 baht one time and service is 500 baht a month.  Works great had up to 5 others using

no issues. Nice thing it’s portable and can take anywhere in Thailand.  

Normal have complained about this for long time and they seem unable to resolve it

Soon we have the refund policy.

Hope that that will solve the efforts to make internet stable.

Have the same in 

Nakhon ratchasima

Samut prakan

So racha

Bueng

And 3bb  know this.

Hey mate, also had issues last few days.

Yesterday during a call in, was reported that International link was having an issue.

Yesterday = Tuesday May 1st.

So hopefully goes back to normal soon for 3BB.  Otherwise I have seen/used AIS Fiber in "Isaan" area, and suprised to see really good speeds, and router with working IPv6.

So thats my other consideration, other than True.

Or you can get a 2nd internet for times like these.

Good luck mate.

My 3BB fiber was down for two days. When the technician came to fix it, he said there was a problem in the junction box out on the street. Said too much rain!! Fixed in 20 minutes. Don't they realize they can seal the junction box. I the last 6 months I have lost internet 4 times. Always with the same problem.

On 02/05/2018 at 4:19 PM, KittenKong said:

Good for you! They definitely use traffic shaping after 6pm. No question about it. Depending on your usage you might not notice it though, and that's the general idea.

Before i had traffic shaping after 6pm, but it has not done that for a long time. Before when I downloaded after 6pm my speeds would go to 800 kb/s now it stays high at 7-8+ MB second. 

Three days ago my condo internet connection has blocked torrent downloads!
The manager knows nothing and suggests I install my own internet connection but I'm only here for another 7 months. All the research I've done appears to be 12 months contracts or pay 5000+ baht connection fee when you terminate early.
Any suggestions for what I can do?
PS. My condo uses 3BB. Do they actively block torrent downloads?
Thanks

On 02/05/2018 at 6:23 PM, Autonuaq said:

Normal have complained about this for long time and they seem unable to resolve it

Soon we have the refund policy.

Hope that that will solve the efforts to make internet stable.

Have the same in 

Nakhon ratchasima

Samut prakan

So racha

Bueng

And 3bb  know this.

Add Surat Thani to the list.  I have just put it down to crappy infrastructure in Thailand as nearly every internet connection I've had has been unstable.

My condo uses 3BB. Do they actively block torrent downloads?

No, they dont. But your condo may have recently changed the way its routers work and that may have the effect of blocking the ports. This may not even have been deliberate though it is very common in shared systems to block all forms of intensive data use: in shared building internet you simply dont want to allow individuals to hog all the bandwidth. Video streaming is another function that is commonly blocked or restricted in shared installations.

Archived