Beloved Phitsanulok street food vendor vows to keep prices low

webfact

Beloved Phitsanulok street food vendor vows to keep prices low

By The Nation

cd7c6ba17ac0a4fa26b7e568dba55143.jpeg

A mobile street food vendor, who is beloved by low-income people in Phitsanulok, has vowed to keep the prices of her food low despite the rising cost of living.

Prasert Rodpluem, 45, who pushes her food card around Khok Matoom market in Wat Bote district, said on Wednesday that she would not raise the price of her food beyond Bt12 per bag. It is rare to find ready-made food lower than Bt20 a bag these days.

3ff38e83991a1b348db56ec4ca5a3910.jpeg

Prasert, who normally operates from 6am to noon, said she could earn about Bt300 a day and could comfortably live on the profit.

She said she buys meals and Thai traditional sweets from cooks to sell for Bt5 to Bt12 apiece. To earn a profit, she has to sell out everyday, which she does thanks to her regular patrons.

8e9d7d6e940164ea376e89550b65ce8b.jpeg

Many of her patrons buy the food to give as alms to monks to make merit, she added.

72a6ecc6385a5f373988534d9de963f9.jpeg

a053a8da05edded1c5445c472305099b.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344437

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-02

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

said she could earn about Bt300 a day and could comfortably live on the profit.

So is that 300 baht profit or she lives on the profit from 300 baht gross ??

If it's the latter, how come people are whinging about minimum wage being too low :whistling:

I suspect 300 net.  I'd happily pay someone like this a few meals a day even if I wasn't hungry.  I have a soft spot for honest work, and she could keep it or pass it on at her discretion.

This would be purely for selfish reasons of course, as it would be ammo for me against the freeloaders and those that don't know the difference between price and value yet want me to give them results without their effort being in the formula.

Whinging Pom, over and out.

• Like 1