Eu Citizens on 30 day stamp

It's a requirement at all entry points.

Whilst, like onward flights, it is rarely checked, it is wise to have the relevant funds in cash. "Lack of funds" is the most popular reason cited on refusals to allow entry.

If you don't have a history of visa-free entries and don't look like a hippie it is unlikely to be checked.

12 minutes ago, claffey said:

Do EU citizens arriving to Suvarnabhumi on 30 day tourist stamp need to carry 20 k in cash

It's the equivalent of 20K in Thai baht.

Your own currency is acceptable.

530 Euros, or £465,  thereabouts.

Thank you for prompt reply. My friend is coming here with his family. There are three people in total.  Will he need 60k in cash then? His wife is Chinese and they have a one year old. Cheers..

23 minutes ago, claffey said:

Thank you for prompt reply. My friend is coming here with his family. There are three people in total.  Will he need 60k in cash then? His wife is Chinese and they have a one year old. Cheers..

It is 40k baht for a family.

1 hour ago, claffey said:

It's 20K (Baht, or foreign currency equivalent, or travellers cheques) for a family entering under the tourist visa exempt scheme. 

• If his wife is Chinese she will not be able to enter under visa exemption (30 days) and will need a visa on arrival which only gives 15 days.
  • If they all arrive using Tourist Visas they will get 60 days, and the requirement would be 40K.