Hundreds gather near U.N. headquarters in Bangkok to protest against Thai military government

webfact

On 03/05/2018 at 12:13 PM, baboon said:

Most times. But not 1992 and 2010 I presume?

Sure  - I was here in February - March 1992 but was not much to feel in Phuket.

2010 I was even in Bangkok during the riots, slept some days in lower Sukhumvit.

Sure these times had been bad.

Possibly the times when Chuan Leekpai was Prime Minister - 2 periods it had been more quiet too. 

22 hours ago, yellowboat said:

I pay attention to history my dear junta lover, and have worked and lived in most countries in Asia.  It is only this one that likes to remind you your are a guest.  The question I would like to pose to you and any other junta lover is:  How good of a host is the Thai government ?  Terrible: Immigration hassles, crazy labor laws which hold back the country, invasive to one's privacy, tainting of Thai culture and a super wet blanket (dull). 

Most young back packers I have bumped into in Cambodia find it far more charming and fun that Thailand.  Bars stay open all night.  Alcohol is inexpensive and available 24/7.   The people are generally friendlier.

Vietnam offers multi entry business visa at much lower rate than Thailand.  Oh and it is fun there

When I send a parcel, only Thailand asks for a passport and only of foreigners.  Never have been asked for ID in China, Malaysia or any other Asian country.

Most people who come here are fantastic guests, even the Chinese everyone like to moan about, but the junta is not a good host.  

All your complains are about laws and restrictions which had been implemented by the from you preferred Elected Governments. 

?

You can only complain that the Ruling Government did not change them all to your liking.  ☺

Hundreds says it all.  When thousands or tens of thousands gather, they'll take notice.They don't need to worry too much just yet.The reds and the yellows really screwed it up  - like everybody's so scared of chaos they'll accept almost anything so long as order is maintained. 

• Like 1