Can I Make A Visa To Stay In Thailand

If you have 40k family income you can extend your stay in Thailand on a yearly basis and this could be done in Thailand. If not you must obtain visas from Consulates outside of Thailand. With marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card you should be able to obtain single 90 day stay type non immigrant O visa from most Consulate. From some, especially in home countries, you would likely be able to obtain a multi entry type valid for unlimited 90 day stays for up to almost 15 months.

if i am under 50yrs old do i have to show an income per month or can i just show money in a thai bank?

also can i extend my stay to one year if i come on a 30 day entry or do i have to have a visa first

Edited by djc45

There must be evidence of family income in the amount of 40k per month over a three month period. Money can from your, wife, or both. You must have a non immigrant visa but that can be obtained from Immigration; and currently a bank account of 400k would be enough to do so as the old rules are still in place for change of visa. But that would only provide 90 days as you will need the 40k income to extend further.

There will always be a visa for you if you are married to a thai, its just how long you are allowed to remain in the Kingdom that will vary. At worst, you will get 90 day stays at a time on a non O visa, however, if you get the non O visa extended at immigration based on marriage (you need to 40k per month income) you can stay a year at a time, renewing your extension anually. Get your Non O visa in your home country, it will be easier.