Video: Driving blind!? Yet again Thai motorcyclist fails to see the level crossing barrier

webfact

3 hours ago, CGW said:

"Spatial awareness" does not translate into Thai, most of us stay aware of our surroundings, if we see something that could pose a danger we become more aware!

Nor here, they live in a dreamworld where they believe they are indestructible! Someone remarked recently that they are a "primitive" people, they really are, they haven't the sense to realise just how easily they can get hurt!

Fairly easy to get sex here though. Isn't it? 5555 

• Haha 2

Some US states and cities have made against the law to look at your phone when you're driving or crossing the street on foot.  Being on the phone is just as bad in Tokyo among bicycle riders.  The Japanese though seem to usually be aware of traffic around them.  Of course the penalties are severe for drivers who hit bicycle riders.  I've learned to nearly stop when I make a turn.  Bicycles can suddenly appear from nowhere, ie. From behind you and suddenly be right in front of you when you turn.

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

One of the messages that our Beloved Late King tried to teach his people was in quite a few of his speeches

"self preservation" Obviously the Thai people have forgotten or not listened.

This lady was very lucky that her neck is still attached to her head

I hope you are either a naturalized citizen or born in Thailand  to make such a post?

2 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Was that her cell phone she dropped???

This is Norrad's freeze frame, judge for yourself. In this freeze frame just above her foot is her handbag about to whizz off up the screen

Untitled-1.jpg.f1275bfaf57a3fdf8ab060dbbe572b82.jpg

So this is the second one we've seen in a couple days but I can tell you they aren't definitely all like that (as some posters 'indicate' (?). A little while back I stopped at similar crossing to this one and a chap on a m/c comes up behind me fast. He swerves and manages to stop (with a slight skid) on my left inches from a post. He gets off the bike, goes to the track, looks both ways then walks his bike across the rail track to the other side. At that point a locomotive whizzes by. And I wondered...did he see the train coming?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, johng said:

If the phone was in her right hand ( video still) how did she keep the throttle open ?
With her right foot maybe.

You can still hold the throttle open with something in your hand (you only need two fingers and your palm or even just one finger and your palm, but you lose all front brake control.

9 minutes ago, essox essox said:

these videos are NOT shown when one goes for a driving licence, not as far as I am aware....hence two females driving into the barriers....

So are you saying that they did this because nobody told them not to

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

So are you saying that they did this because nobody told them not to

i am saying that if they were shown vids then then they MIGHT not have done what they did BUT there again I could be wrong....and of course they were thai female drivers

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Well, it looks like what she did was pretty stupid. However, this is what a proper crossing barrier should look like:

2018-05-03%2017_50_17-Schranke%20mit%20z

yeah a nice BIG barrier with STOP LIGHTS.. not silly little things they have in this country....where is this by the way???

5 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i am saying that if they were shown vids then then they MIGHT not have done what they did BUT there again I could be wrong....and of course they were thai female drivers

The problem here my man is not lack of vids but a condition commonly known as being as thick as two short planks 

Edited by oldlakey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

You can still hold the throttle open with something in your hand (you only need two fingers and your palm or even just one finger and your palm, but you lose all front brake control.
I've never tried but maybe its possible would seem pointless though can't text,video/voice calling would just be lots of noise.

I've seen them on automatics and
clutch-less bikes using the left hand for various things..including "selfies" and phone calls.

Just now, oldlakey said:

The problem here my man is not lack of vids but a condition commonly known being as thick as two short planks 

i agree with you.....I was trying to make the point that the video we ALL should have watched did NOT contain anything regarding level crossings and what one should do when the barriers come down !!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Nothing to suggest that she was on her phone at the time apart from Thaivisa wishful-thinkers.

Nothing except the stuff that was flying everywhere which came out of her left hand; because, she still had her purse in her right hand.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

I would just like to say that I am very available to apply whatever medication or ointment is needed to those places on her body where she might be suffering from road rash.

You are both funny and cute.    NOT.

Maybe the same event befalls you in the future?

Cheers,

• Sad 1