Video: Driving blind!? Yet again Thai motorcyclist fails to see the level crossing barrier

webfact

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

i agree with you.....I was trying to make the point that the video we ALL should have watched did NOT contain anything regarding level crossings and what one should do when the barriers come down !!

Yes I can see the dilemma there I never thought of that 55555555

6 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Crazy people at work! Makes me think about Manfred Mann and the song " Blinded by the Light"

In her case it was "Blinded by the Phone"

It looked like no real harm done thankfully so as entertainment this incident with cctv and thread has been good value 

Edited by oldlakey
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

It looked like no real harm done thankfully so as entertainment this incident with cctv and thread has been good value 

Of course you should be happy about that she didn´t get seriously hurt or ended up dead. Sometimes, though, you wish that they break at least a leg. That might get them to think a little bit more in the future. What happened here is only that she will consider herself a very lucky person, and the final insult will be that she buys a lottery ticket the day after with her own license plate number.

Edited by Get Real
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

Of course you should be happy about that she didn´t get seriously hurt or ended up dead. Sometimes, though, you wish that they break at least a leg. That might get them to think a little bit more in the future. What happened here is only that she will consider herself a very lucky person, and the final insult will be that she buy a lottery ticket the day after with her own license plate number.

Plus a couple from her telephone number

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

my thai american friends and thai that did university overseas comment on this also.  it is not uncommon for people to walk into you, walk into your path or cut you off and they seem not aware of much of anything

thai term is "sabai sabai walking" lack of awareness, lack of focus. their education system is mainly rote learning without debate or question to teachers. it does not teach the mind how to think.

Nobody else than yourself can teach you how to think, but other can activate Your thinking mode by challenge you in one way or another....:coffee1:

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

One of the messages that our Beloved Late King tried to teach his people was in quite a few of his speeches

"self preservation" Obviously the Thai people have forgotten or not listened.

This lady was very lucky that her neck is still attached to her head

Not true, saw a family of 4 on a moto doing a U-turn on Pattaya Tai the other day. Mom, dad and 2 kids all had their surgical masks on to avoid getting sick.

But not one of them had a helmet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Norrad said:

To be fair I did say my comment tongue in cheek :-) But looking again I am pretty convinced she has a phone in her hand now.

Untitled-1.jpg

She said in a report she was on the phone. Look around they all on phones when driving.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norrad said:

Haven't seen the new report yet, but at least it's confirmed that she was on the phone - if she says so in it. Wonder if Just Weird will make a stop in here to say anything.

The phone is guilty - case closed - NeXT...:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Wonder why they are so awful at riding/driving?  Nevertheless, that barrier just looks like a bit of bunting.  Does it come from Toytown?

�ล�าร���หารู�ภา�สำหรั� cable barrier on railroad crossing in thailand

Yes, that's the one she hit, available at Toytown and other novelty stores..................

image.jpeg.c3c33bc2fbaa2e8bb087e29e76a252f8.jpeg Bunting. See the similarity now?

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

yeah a nice BIG barrier with STOP LIGHTS.. not silly little things they have in this country....where is this by the way???

Germany. It's mandatory for all major roads. On remote country roads they have smaller ones covering only one lane but these also have big X signs,  stop lights, and even a bell sound when it is closing.

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

yeah a nice BIG barrier with STOP LIGHTS.. not silly little things they have in this country....where is this by the way???

They have these in Sisaket, the poorest province in Thailand. The one in the photo is from Ubon R. 

Ubon railway.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

3 hours ago, Norrad said:

You can still hold the throttle open with something in your hand (you only need two fingers and your palm or even just one finger and your palm, but you lose all front brake control.

Yes indeed... one can still operate a hand throttle with an object ( like a phone... or a beer) in your hand.

however..... it’s not so easy to operate a hand throttle, whilst your hand is holding the phone to your ear.

that said... occasional razor, right? (Mobile phone use being the simplest answer)

1 hour ago, Norrad said:

Haven't seen the new report yet, but at least it's confirmed that she was on the phone - if she says so in it. Wonder if Just Weird will make a stop in here to say anything.

Yes, he will.  It may have been reported since this started that she admitted that she was on the phone bit that wasn't the issue!  The issue was you lot claiming without being able to see it that it looked like she was on the phone.  It could not be seen in the dash cam video that she was on the phone.

8 hours ago, johng said:

Looks like a brand new  CB150R !   she hit her head on the road quite hard,  how the hell she didn't see the barriers ?   :w00t:

Her drivers licence was in "Handicapped" category: BLIND