U.S. Boy Scouts to change name in appeal to girls

webfact

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So why would you (or anyone else) deny any of those fine things to another young person just because they are female?

I'm not trying to deny them anything. I'm sure the Girl Scouts have similar achievement ranks and that achieving those ranks will help in future pursuits, be they collegiate, military or the workforce.

I've got two daughters. They can and will do anything their abilities will allow for  and probably some things that they don't allow for that they'll figure out as they go. Same as their old man.

Edited by lannarebirth

On 5/3/2018 at 6:28 PM, Jingthing said:

Calling people Soy Boy is part of the misogynist agenda of the alt right movement. I don't care what the BSA calls itself. They don't sell chocolate mint cookies so what are they good for?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We just finished our last box of Chocolate Mint cookies, and Dosi Does.......................

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, mikebike said:

You think that is more likely than the fact that the BSA’s loosing membership in droves over the last couple of decades and needs to expand their base?

Whatever, the girls are not doing it so what happened to equality?  I am not against having a merger actually but against the hypocrisy. 

15 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Whatever, the girls are not doing it so what happened to equality?  I am not against having a merger actually but against the hypocrisy. 

A merger would seem most logical but I think the two organizations are philosophically like oil and water.

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

A merger would seem most logical but I think the two organizations are philosophically like oil and water.

I'll defer to you on that one as I am ignorant of them organizationally and assumed they held the same mission. But as there IS a girl guides I just think it's stinks but so many things stink in the US these days we should not be surprised. Why isn't NFL open to women?  tennis?  soccer?  for true equality merge them ALL. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

So why would you (or anyone else) deny any of those fine things to another young person just because they are female?

Why are they denied? The girl scouts exist, and if that organisation doesn't provide such, ask why not and do something about it.

When I was in the scouts I was at an age when I disliked girls and would not have wanted to be in any voluntary organisation with them.

Now that girls are allowed in the boy scouts, it's inevitable that "boyness" will be discouraged so as not to offend their delicate sensibilities.

This is just part of the current anti male political agenda, when all "maleness" must be swept away.

The agenda is already well under way, and "maleness" is under assault on all fronts in the west. PC is winning.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, BobBKK said:

I'll defer to you on that one as I am ignorant of them organizationally and assumed they held the same mission. But as there IS a girl guides I just think it's stinks but so many things stink in the US these days we should not be surprised. Why isn't NFL open to women?  tennis?  soccer?  for true equality merge them ALL. 

I agree. Merge them all, but make females conform to male standards in previously male organisations rather than reduce standards to allow females to "win".

I'm sure male prisoners will be delighted to have some female cell companions.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, mikebike said:

You think that is more likely than the fact that the BSA’s loosing membership in droves over the last couple of decades and needs to expand their base?

I think you are correct, but I find it puzzling why girls would like to join a failing organisation.

If they can't attract boys, they should be addressing that problem and dealing with that, rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater.