US man's tears for his beautiful Thai fiancee: It should have been a wedding but drink driving made it a funeral

webfact

US man's tears for his beautiful Thai fiancee: It should have been a wedding but drink driving made it a funeral

31.jpg

Pictures (4) Sanook

The story of the funeral held to look like a wedding has a powerful back story.

Just days before the death of Atita "Namwan", 24, her loving boyfriend Derrick Gibson from Illinois had proposed marriage and been accepted.

32.jpg

Hundreds online had offered their congratulations to the handsome couple.

But on April 28th - six days after the proposal - a drunk driver went into the back of Namwan in Ayuthaya as she rode her motorcycle.

33.jpg

Namwan suffered head trauma and multiple broken limbs.

Police have arrested Phubet, 26, who had 87 miligrams of alcohol in his system - over the limit. 

A funeral in the manner of a wedding was hastily arranged for the family and was attended by Derrick. His Facebook page says he is "engaged to Namwan Atita". He comes from Jerseyville, Illinois.

3pm.jpg

At the funeral with an open casket he poured lustral water in the manner of a Thai wedding rather than in the manner of bathing rites at a Thai funeral.

The couple planned to marry in October before the drunk driver shattered their dreams.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-04

Any day at any given time I need to drive somewhere there are many reasons to shake my head in disbelief about their carelessness when driving or riding.

What a shame that beauty got killed by such an idiot.

Can imagine the pain of her family and her groom.

1 hour ago, apex2000 said:

Very sad indeed. And what will happen to the <deleted> who killed her? 500 baht and a wai - is that it?

I bet your right the usual s41t -- 500 Baht fine and a wai .

Very sad indeed... but very common with 25000 deaths (?) a year, all of which are sad, yet usually ignored by society at large

beauty and youth make this more newsworthy than the norm.... hopefully... hopefully... having turned this into a PR national tragedy, thailand might look inwards and try to prevent similar tragedies

Im also hopefully of winning lotto.

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Yes thats it. He is already out and sucking on a tall leo...You nailed it dude !

RIP young lady.

When I rode that was always my biggest fear, getting rammed at traffic lights by a drunken idiot texting on his phone

Quite. But bear in mind that there are plenty of motorcycle idiots, drunk and otherwise, more interested in their phone than the road. 

Such a sad, sad, story, I really feel for the guy and the young lady's family, RIP lovely lady, right now, 1950 hrs, my Mrs is out with a friend wandering a market and having a bite to eat, yep, she went on her bike, I worry every time she goes out.

8 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

He'll probably pay less than the farang still will in Sinsod.

When talking about Thai/farang couples, most 20-something year olds with university-type girls their own age don't pay sinsot.

3 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Quite. But bear in mind that there are plenty of motorcycle idiots, drunk and otherwise, more interested in their phone than the road. 

Yes but when a car driver makes a mistake it often fatal for the motorcycle driver.. if a drunk motorcycle hits your car in your not going to get killed (unless its a high powered one)

46 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

When talking about Thai/farang couples, most 20-something year olds with university-type girls their own age don't pay sinsot.

Correct when i came to Thailand in my 30ies met quite a few uni girls through my gf and went to marriages of them with foreigners no sin sod paid. 

54 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Well, he'll find a new girl, won't he?  Maybe within a year, certainly within a few years.  It's not as if he'd been with her a lifetime.  And how long would any marriage have lasted anyway, probably less than 5 years.  I feel for the girl's family more.

Blimey, I feel for yours.

2 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Well, he'll find a new girl, won't he?  Maybe within a year, certainly within a few years.  It's not as if he'd been with her a lifetime.  And how long would any marriage have lasted anyway, probably less than 5 years.  I feel for the girl's family more.

You really need to see a doctor.

4 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

You haven't been to many 20-something year olds with university-type girls their own age weddings and engagement partied! :laugh:

Archived