What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

A brief synopsis of where I'm @ tv wise Loving as per ' homeland ' Nashville ' fargo' liking jane the virgin the good wife trying or will try with 'manhatten' madam secretary gotham masters of sex , the affair wai2.gif oh and binged and liked ish public morals... but tbh plot wise didn't cover enough ground to warrant half the tv time

10? episodes took..sad.png oh and i'm not liking that I'm watching 'downturn abbey' thanking its ending bah.gif

• Like 2

Well well....i just stumbled across the second season of Arne Dahl....crackin swedish crime series on bbc 4 now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Season 1 was great.

"Posted by Will27 on 2015-05-08 08:50:40 in Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life

TV series - Arne Dahl

Am half way through this Swedish series and think it's an absolute cracker.

If you enjoyed The Bridge, you will like this one.

Quite long, consisting of 10 shows at approx 90 minutes each".

IMDB: Three Swedish financiers are murdered over three consecutive nights. Evidence suggests that the killings will continue and the world of finance is panicked. The police quickly set up a special unit under the leadership of Detective Jenny Hultin. She hand picks six police officers from across the country and they form the so-called A-group. Under enormous pressure they attempt to solve the case before more finance officers are murdered.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Glad to see Lilyhammer has been given the go ahead for season 3.

Finished season 2 on the weekend and it was really good.

A nice little cameo by Paul Sirico AKA Paulie Walnuts from

The Sopranos in the last episode.

Was good to see the boys back together again.

Started watching season 3 last night and am glad to say it's just as fun and quirky

as the first 2 seasons.

• Like 2

Glad to see Lilyhammer has been given the go ahead for season 3.

Finished season 2 on the weekend and it was really good.

A nice little cameo by Paul Sirico AKA Paulie Walnuts from

The Sopranos in the last episode.

Was good to see the boys back together again.

Started watching season 3 last night and am glad to say it's just as fun and quirky

as the first 2 seasons.

Cheers….love Lilyhammer. Trust they have relaeased all episodes en masse as they usually do.

Thanks for the heads up.

Season 1 was great.

"Posted by Will27 on 2015-05-08 08:50:40 in Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life

TV series - Arne Dahl

Am half way through this Swedish series and think it's an absolute cracker.

If you enjoyed The Bridge, you will like this one.

Quite long, consisting of 10 shows at approx 90 minutes each".

The format is 5 episodes 2 parts each…..so far only 2 episodes (4 parts are out)….look on TPB or KAT…..the uploader is Snowhiter….the guy posts some quality foreign TV shows and films….all with embedded BBC approved subs.

• Like 2

Movie - The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I'm a Guy Ritchie fan so was looking forward to this one.

It didn't disappoint me. Thought it was loads of fun.

IMDB: In the early 1960s, CIA agent Napoleon Solo and KGB operative Illya Kuryakin participate in a joint
mission against a mysterious criminal organization, which is working to proliferate nuclear weapons.

• Like 1

Speaking of the Cold War...

In the obscure youtube archives I found a GREAT little British thriller from 1951 called High Treason. Completely believable, paranoia to the max, Commies everywhere! Literate script that doesn't insult your intelligence, leavened with just enough humor to relieve the tension. They don't make them like this anymore. Unfortunately, there is a watermark that stays in the upper right corner, advertising the software that was used to "rip" the film into youtube format. Irritating, but the film is worthwhile, and I was able to ignore it. The clothes, the cars, the hats! Great shots of London postwar.

See also Michael Caine in The Whistle Blower, a sleeper from 1986 that is WAY ahead of its time, dealing with surveillance and coverups of nasty business from the British equivalent of NSA (GSHQ?) This one came and went and we never noticed. Now, it may be too late. Caine at his best. Wonderful youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6uSSPnRws

• Like 1

Just watched The Martian in 3D , but it lasted just too long, 2 hours 20 minutes. The best part were the last 30 minutes of it. I found some parts of the movie a bit boring . Still worth to watch it in 3D , it gives you that extra feeling of actually being there on Mars. So great special effects and I loved the end , but I would not watch it again.

Matt Damon did an excellent job . Also my fellow countryman , the Norwegian actor Aksel Hennie played a small part , so had to see how he performed, not bad but where did he get that American accent from lol.

• Like 1

Just watched the latest episode of DR Who , i was amazed in the crowd scenes ,which by the way was supposed to be in the middle ages in Britain , there were as many black and Asian faces as white ,i never realised that even back then we were so multicultural. still this is the BBC and they keep pushing the left wing agenda ,i was just suprised that there were no transgender people in the crowd , the only problem is that kids are going to grow up really believing that this is what it was like in the UK in the middle ages . sad really

i claudius post # 5052

Just watched the latest episode of DR Who , i was amazed in the crowd scenes ,which by the way was supposed to be in the middle ages in Britain there were as many black and Asian faces as white ,i never realised that even back then we were so multicultural. still this is the BBC and they keep pushing the left wing agenda ,i was just suprised that there were no transgender people in the crowd , the only problem is that kids are going to grow up really believing that this is what it was like in the UK in the middle ages . sad really

You need to remember that the Romans ( note your nic cheesy.gif ) had a very mixed racial base within their legions and of course a bit of the old rumpty tumpty with the then local lasses in Britain leads to somewhat off white descendants in later years,.

There is evidence of the presence of people from Romanised North Africa in Roman Britain. Archaeological inscriptions suggest that most of these residents were involved with the military. However, some were in the upper echelons of society. Analysis of a skull found in a Roman grave in Yorkshire indicated that it belonged to a mixed-race female. Her sarcophagus was made of stone and also contained a jet bracelet and an ivory bangle, indicating great wealth for the time. In 2007, scientists found the rare paternal haplogroup A1 in several living British men with Yorkshire surnames. This clade is today almost exclusively found among males in West Africa, where it is also rare. The lineage is thus thought to have been brought to Britain either through soldiers that were enlisted during Roman Britain, or via the slave trade. Some of the individuals that arrived through the slave route attained a very high social rank and married into the general population.

Historical records indicate the presence of a small Black population in Britain dating back at least as far as the 12th century. In 2013, a skeleton was discovered in Fairford, Gloucestershire, which forensic anthropology revealed to be that of a sub-Saharan African woman who died between the years 896 and 1025

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British

http://originalpeople.org/history-of-blacks-in-britain-elizabeth-i-kicks-moors-out-of-england

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/intro/intro.htm

http://naomipicks.blogspot.com/2013/09/tidbit-about-british-royal-family.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/mar/12/race-monarchy

Edited by arfurcrown

i claudius post # 5052

Just watched the latest episode of DR Who , i was amazed in the crowd scenes ,which by the way was supposed to be in the middle ages in Britain there were as many black and Asian faces as white ,i never realised that even back then we were so multicultural. still this is the BBC and they keep pushing the left wing agenda ,i was just suprised that there were no transgender people in the crowd , the only problem is that kids are going to grow up really believing that this is what it was like in the UK in the middle ages . sad really

You need to remember that the Romans ( note your nic cheesy.gif ) had a very mixed racial base within their legions and of course a bit of the old rumpty tumpty with the then local lasses in Britain leads to somewhat off white descendants in later years,.

There is evidence of the presence of people from Romanised North Africa in Roman Britain. Archaeological inscriptions suggest that most of these residents were involved with the military. However, some were in the upper echelons of society. Analysis of a skull found in a Roman grave in Yorkshire indicated that it belonged to a mixed-race female. Her sarcophagus was made of stone and also contained a jet bracelet and an ivory bangle, indicating great wealth for the time. In 2007, scientists found the rare paternal haplogroup A1 in several living British men with Yorkshire surnames. This clade is today almost exclusively found among males in West Africa, where it is also rare. The lineage is thus thought to have been brought to Britain either through soldiers that were enlisted during Roman Britain, or via the slave trade. Some of the individuals that arrived through the slave route attained a very high social rank and married into the general population.

Historical records indicate the presence of a small Black population in Britain dating back at least as far as the 12th century. In 2013, a skeleton was discovered in Fairford, Gloucestershire, which forensic anthropology revealed to be that of a sub-Saharan African woman who died between the years 896 and 1025

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British

http://originalpeople.org/history-of-blacks-in-britain-elizabeth-i-kicks-moors-out-of-england

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/intro/intro.htm

http://naomipicks.blogspot.com/2013/09/tidbit-about-british-royal-family.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/mar/12/race-monarchy

How many per mill of the population were of off-white descent then? I guess, Dr. Who met them all and at the same time. biggrin.png

I could be wrong but from somewhere in my childhood memory banks I'm recalling Dr who having an African right hand man ?

So am i on my own.with this boyhood memory ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

East of Eden. Based on a John Steinbeck novel.

Look it up on Youtube. 6 hour miniseries, comes in 3 parts.

Flipping STRANGE, yet enchanting story, right up there w/ Les Miserables (which I thought was an all time great).

• Like 1

Tv series - Wicked City

Unfortunately, the best thing I can say about this one is that it has a killer soundtrack.

IMDB: A pair of LAPD detectives track down serial killers terrorizing the Sunset Strip.

Completely agreed. It's just another cop-show that recycled the dialogues and the plot of numerous cop-shows from the past. Wit or originality: not existing. Even the Billy Idol songs could not save the whole thing. It's simply very very bad.

• Like 2

Tv series - Wicked City

Unfortunately, the best thing I can say about this one is that it has a killer soundtrack.

IMDB: A pair of LAPD detectives track down serial killers terrorizing the Sunset Strip.

Completely agreed. It's just another cop-show that recycled the dialogues and the plot of numerous cop-shows from the past. Wit or originality: not existing. Even the Billy Idol songs could not save the whole thing. It's simply very very bad.

But the actors look good, dress fashionably and have an edgy look about them?

• Like 2

Tv series - Wicked City

But the actors look good, dress fashionably and have an edgy look about them?

The undercover agent, soon to be promoted to Lieutenant:

post-35842-0-11402600-1446192239_thumb.j

• Like 2