What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

The greatest sci-fi movie ever made.

Roy Neary (Richard Dreyfuss) experiences a close encounter with a UFO, when it flies over his truck and lightly burns the side of his face with its bright lights. The UFO, joining a group of three other UFOs, is pursued by Neary and three police cars, but the spacecraft fly off into the night sky. Roy becomes fascinated by UFOs, much to the dismay of his wife, Ronnie (Teri Garr). He also becomes increasingly obsessed with subliminal, mental images of a mountain-like shape and begins to make models of it.

Edited by Wilsonandson

Does anyone know if the remake of 'the Dambusters' ever made it to screen? I caught the original 1954 version in UK last week and explained it to my wife who couldn't quite believe that such audacity actually worked.

RIP to Sqn Ldr Guy Gibson VC And all who lost their lives 74 years ago tonight.

Also a TV series I quiet enjoy, is Damien!

Yes...THAT Damien!

...also Fear the Walking Dead and Gotham picked up the pace and are beginning to become quiet enjoyable!

Does anyone know if the remake of 'the Dambusters' ever made it to screen? I caught the original 1954 version in UK last week and explained it to my wife who couldn't quite believe that such audacity actually worked.

RIP to Sqn Ldr Guy Gibson VC And all who lost their lives 74 years ago tonight.

Peter Jackson of " lord of the rings" and " hobbit" fame has said he plans to make a new version but it has yet to happen!
  • Like 1

Tv series - Locked Up

An excellent start to the is 24 part series from Spain.
Has hard encoded subs.

IMDB: She broke the law for the boss she fell in love with. Now this naive girl has to pay the price.

• Like 1

Letterkenny

A friend turned me onto this gem of Canadian humor at its best. As funny in its own way as Silicon Valley, the only other show (besides Last Week w/John Oliver) that makes me laugh out loud. Great stuff.

1st Guy: Howzit goin'?

2nd Guy: Aw, not so bad.

That's Canadian!

Highly recommend a British mini-series called Flowers, 6 episodes, all available on KAT. The Brits really know how to do this quirky kind of black comedy.

You might like Detectorists then.

Yep, already caught that one, and enjoyed it.

I watched that Billions recently, excellent show, check it out

Having seen so many positive posts about this I thought I'd give it a try...

I lasted 30 mins into the pilot(!)

I might have another try in a day or two by starting at E2 :)

Edited by evadgib

Looking forward to the premier of "Preacher" on AMC tomorrow.

I liked Billions, 11.22.63, The Expanse, The Magicians, Lucifer, The Catch, Daredevil/S2, Vinyl, Second Chance, The Night Manager, Plebs, The Man in the High Castle, Lucky Man, Archer, Orphan Black, Narcos, Jessica Jones, Girls, Good Wife, Blindspot.

I think Better Call Saul is one of the best shows ever. The body count is greatly reduced from Breaking Bad. (Listen to Kelly Dixon's - editor on the show - podcast, Better Call Saul Insider, for a behind the scenes view of this show.)

• Like 1

Watched X-Men Apocalypse at the Imax (3D) last night & (surprisingly) really enjoyed it [emoji106]

2hrs 25mins long but it's fair moving so the time flew by.

Streamed a ridiculously good version on kodi...usually hate franchises butbthis might be the best of them all...i really liked it...good balance of story and special effects.

• Like 1

I watched that Billions recently, excellent show, check it out

Having seen so many positive posts about this I thought I'd give it a try...

I lasted 30 mins into the pilot(!)

I might have another try in a day or two by starting at E2 smile.png

I didn't like episode 1 either, but I forced my way through it and quickly became hooked on the other episodes.

• Like 2

Tv series - Wolf Creek

A decent enough start to this 6 part series from Oz. Based on the movie of the same name.

IMDB: Eve, a 19-year-old American tourist is targeted by crazed serial killer Mick Taylor. She survives his attack and embarks on a mission of revenge.

• Like 1