What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Black Mirror s03e06
Very good.

Would have been better to make a movie instead of just one episode. I guess they didn't have a big enough budget. Great story. I enjoyed the episode about the webcam spying on you. If Edward Snowden is right this is very possible and someone could be watching you right now!
  • Like 1

Wall of Silence

Was well done but quite harrowing.

IMDB: On 7th August 1997 while walking home drunk with his sisters boyfriend,17 year old Jamie Robe makes an off-the-cuff remark to a nearby boy who is kissing a girl. As a result of this exchange,Jamie is brutally attacked by a gang of at least 6 youths on South Londons tough Ospery estate. The gang beat Jamie with weapons including cricket bats,baseball bats and pool cues, they take it in turns to punch and kick their helpless victim and one of the youths stamps repeatedly on Jamies head. He dies later that night of his injuries.

Documentary - Into the Abyss

A real powerful doco on capital punishment by Werner Herzog.

IMDB: Conversations with death row inmate Michael Perry and those affected by his crime serve as an examination of why people - and the state - kill.

9 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So finally got through to the end of 'The Crown'

To follow from my previous post, as the series progressed I did finally warm to Claire Foy's portrayal of Elizabeth, and I got to hand it to Netflix for a very good production.

It will be an interesting time in Thailand when a similar production could be made here!

Tv series - The Escape Artist

Not a new one, but another quality series from the Beeb.

IMDB: A junior barrister specializes in spiriting people out of tight legal corners. A junior barrister specializes in spiriting people out of tight legal corners.

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

Movie- Eye in the Sky

I really enjoyed this one gang.

IMDB: Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission
escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare.

My daughter was all over this one, and bugged me endlessly to watch it

Not bad, but I kinda felt it followed an agenda driven plot line too much. I could anticipate the plot line too much

Caught a nice doc on one crazy dude....john mcaffee...the guy whi invented the anti virus ptogram of the same name. 

The shit this guy has gotten himself into is stranger than fiction....murder, blackmail, intimidation, gangsters in belize....and his curious sexual preferences. 

Gringo is well worth a watch. 

Caught a nice doc on one crazy dude....john mcaffee...the guy whi invented the anti virus ptogram of the same name. 

The shit this guy has gotten himself into is stranger than fiction....murder, blackmail, intimidation, gangsters in belize....and his curious sexual preferences. 

Gringo is well worth a watch. 

Seen that too.
Great documentary of a horrible sh1t of a man. Yes very interesting indeed.
I love documentaries if anyone can tell me of any others that are great to watch I'd be very happy.
True crime documentaries are my favourite.

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Seen that too.
Great documentary of a horrible sh1t of a man. Yes very interesting indeed.
I love documentaries if anyone can tell me of any others that are great to watch I'd be very happy.
True crime documentaries are my favourite.

Not crime but i just saw a cool doco on the internet by one of the great directors of our time...werner herzog

its called lo and behold...

interesting because herzog is a pretty old dude so he approaches it from a very different space....its kinda philosophical and enquiring as opposed to being tech in nature. Enjoyed it. 

Tv series - Modus.

Thought this one was a bit all over the place when it first started, but it's coming together nicely.

An 8 part series (with subs) showing on the Beeb.

IMDB: During a snowy Christmas season in Sweden, psychologist and profiler Inger Johanne Vik finds not only herself but also her autistic daughter drawn into the investigation of a number of disturbing deaths, through which she meets detective Ingvar Nyman of "Rikskrim", a Swedish national police force.

• Like 1

Documentary - Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Thought this one was really interesting and enjoyable.

Don't watch it on an empty stomach though.

IMDB: A documentary on 85-year-old sushi master Jiro Ono, his renowned Tokyo restaurant, and his relationship with his son and eventual heir, Yoshikazu.

• Like 1