What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Should have known better but keep seeing this POS film on my radar and had cryptic elements in it about a SEA civil conflict and a family stuck in middle. NO ESCAPE

What concernEd me most is the lack of even an English subtitle option which I find very odd. Was iTunes 99p not so special so maybe this critic is going a bit far but what a shoddy film. Pierce brosnan, and the guy who tries to be funny but is not in this. I forgot his name yh that's it Owen Wilson. Anyway total bolloxx. I believe they set it in Thailand or maybe it is about a conflict that could or did happen in Thailand but the film was censored the shat out of it and I never heard them actually speak of the city in the film or the country. Very weird and a totallyrical crap film.

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

Mutiny

A 5 part reality series from 4HD retracing Capt Bligh's 4000 mile journey in a replica boat just 23 feet in length.

The skipper is ex SBS & narrator is Phillip Glenister.

Sadly episode 4 is not available on TPB. Any other source?

Kodi no longer boots-up on my android box despite working normally when the kids used it this morning (& probably didn't shut it down correctly!!). Can anyone offer a quick fix please?

I can still access the net and live TV but have lost Exodus & Phoenix. I have a VPN on the computer upstairs therefore not all is lost :smile:

Please respond by PM so as not to hijack the thread.

Looking (2016)

Patrick returns to San Francisco in search of closure and resolution regarding his relationships with Richie and Kevin.

Pretty slow to start with, but after 30 minutes or so your hooked. Great story and very funny throughout. I really enjoyed it.

looking-1.jpg

27 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Do they make good movies anymore?

Havent seen one for a few years now.

Are there still good books written, good music? What do you call a "good movie"? Silly question.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Are there still good books written, good music? What do you call a "good movie"? Silly question.

Why is it silly?

Name some great movies from the last 5 years then

Which albums recently made are great?

I have about 400 albums from 1960 to 2007 and about 10 since. Just dont see good music being produced very often anymore. Most of the good ideas have been done.

Not sure about books. Used to read thrillers but they got a bit same same

Just now, BigKahuna said:

Why is it silly?

Name some great movies from the last 5 years then

Which albums recently made are great?

I have about 400 albums from 1960 to 2007 and about 10 since. Just dont see good music being produced very often anymore. Most of the good ideas have been done.

Not sure about books. Used to read thrillers but they got a bit same same

What I might find good you might see as crap, and vice versa, whether it be literature, music or movies. This thread is full of people recommending different movies, I would say that's your starting point, then you can decide whether it's any good or not.

Just now, giddyup said:

What I might find good you might see as crap, and vice versa, whether it be literature, music or movies. This thread is full of people recommending different movies, I would say that's your starting point, then you can decide whether it's any good or not.

Name me 2 or 3. Dont cop out.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, giddyup said:

One that isn't about Superheroes/Vampires/ or daft chick flicks.

Good books, try anything by Douglas Kennedy. ....:smile:

13 hours ago, Miaow said:

Smurf 3... I know, dont laugh, but i couldnt refuse my daughter's request

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The Mrs sent me a link last night to a film. MR Tooth Fairy or something like that. I said why you want this now. She said not for me for our son. I said ok yes good idea stick in in the book (like a diary) remind us in 5 years. He's barely a month!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, faraday said:

Grumpy this morning are we?

:laugh:

This post is full of people recommending movies and TV. tastes are subjective. Recently I enjoyed Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight, Split, Passengers, Arrival and Hell or High Water.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

This post is full of people recommending movies and TV. tastes are subjective. Recently I enjoyed Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight, Split, Passengers, Arrival and Hell or High Water.

Yh that was a decent film hell or high water. Was more impressed with the 2 brothers accents  and the crazy character of the big brother "call Me"

A good film less recent but similar in ways to that is "no country for old men"

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Yh that was a decent film hell or high water. Was more impressed with the 2 brothers accents  and the crazy character of the big brother "call Me"

A good film less recent but similar in ways to that is "no country for old men". There you go bigKahuna, something to get you tarted.

Anything by the Coen brothers is good, also Fargo, Blood Simple, True Grit, The Big Lebowski and Raising Arizona. There you go BigKhuna, something to get you started.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Disagree, they spurted out some decent films over a period went a bit cranky and flipped out a decent one here and there but last 15 years been hit and miss.

Gone girl is a good movie. 

You make my point. Movies, as music and literature is subjective.

3 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Do they make good movies anymore?

Havent seen one for a few years now.

I do not usually watch many movies but really liked Passengers ,about a space ship going to another planet and everyone asleep for 90 years then one guy wakes up ,only 4 people in the movie , but really enjoyed it .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Someone not being Most but let's not digress please this is a good thread let's keep it that way.

I was directing my comment to that "someone". Moving on......

• Like 1