What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am in America. You can get in trouble for downloads, but not for streaming, so I stick to that.

I've never used one of the streaming sites, but I would think that one would get in trouble likewise for that (if not taking measures).

Did every owner of the films these sites stream for free give permission for free streaming?

14 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I might be getting soft.

Enjoyed 'Finding My Your Feet'....a brit dram-rom-com with some fairly well known faces.

About some bird whose husband dumps her and how she copes.

If that counts as 'getting soft', then I must be as soft as a melted ice cream!

It's a 2017 film. I watched it last night and thought it was superb, especially with all those well-known names:

Celia Imrie, Joanna Lumley, Timothy Spall, Imelda Staunton, John Sessions, Josie Lawrence.

Thanks JHolmesJr for the heads-up.

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The Shooter season 3,

Queen of the South   Season 3

Yellowstone season 1  ,cattle ranchers Vs Indians  Montana, Kevin Costner

Poldark season 4   the wife likes it

Condor   season 1   CIA,FBI conspiracy thing OK

regards Worgeordie            Oh and the movie Rampage, Big man with even bigger Gorilla

Poldark? God not your wife as well ,mine loves it ,and for an older series she loves Downton Abbey.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

If that counts as 'getting soft', then I must be as soft as a melted ice cream!

It's a 2017 film. I watched it last night and thought it was superb, especially with all those well-known names:

Celia Imrie, Joanna Lumley, Timothy Spall, Imelda Staunton, John Sessions, Josie Lawrence.

Thanks JHolmesJr for the heads-up.

I got to the part where they were shouting at each other in the Chinese restaurant and gave it away. Too contrived for my taste.

Re: virus protection - This site has great info:

privacytools.io

Those of you who got infected via the streaming sites could probably avoid all the viruses with:

"Be in total control with "NoScript Security Suite"

NoScript

Highly customizable plugin to selectively allow Javascript, Java, and Flash to run only on websites you trust. Not for casual users, it requires technical knowledge to configure."

(Above description from privacytools.io).

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/noscript/

It's free. I don't agree that it requires technical knowledge, but it does take a bit more effort than simply a "download and browse" app.

One could simply turn it on when on a streaming site, and not use it the rest of the time.

Although it sounds like avoiding many or all of those sites may be an easier option.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Fauda on Netflix is well worth a look. Best bit of TV i've watched in a while

Me too. Both seasons are excellent and some very attractive women, different from the type on most American TV (Israeli and Arab).

• Like 1

Anti Trump members are gonna cream their pants when they watch The Fourth Estate...a very well put together series of 4 episodes by Showtime on how the NYT prosecutes their agenda against the Donald. I loved the ominous soundtrack by Trent Reznor but thought it was a bit much.

Not easy to find but it does exist on the torrents.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 9:44 AM, giddyup said:

If Kelly hadn't have opened her mouth and confessed they wouldn't have had a case.

Now you know why it the UK shows the favourite 2 words when arrested are ...."NO COMMENT"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Now you know why it the UK shows the favourite 2 words when arrested are ...."NO COMMENT"

She could have done the same thing or lawyered up, but for some strange reason she decided to confess. Go figure.

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

She could have done the same thing or lawyered up, but for some strange reason she decided to confess. Go figure.

From what I remember, they pretty much had her for the murder of her spouse anyway.

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

From what I remember, they pretty much had her for the murder of her spouse anyway.

She confessed to smothering him, otherwise it might have been a hard case to win. Considering how long it all took, and god knows how many million dollars spent on DNA testing etc, I thought they had a pretty weak case. I was waiting for that Perry Mason moment that never came.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

She confessed to smothering him, otherwise it might have been a hard case to win. Considering how long it all took, and god knows how many million dollars spent on DNA testing etc, I thought they had a pretty weak case. I was waiting for that Perry Mason moment that never came.

The coroner said he was murdered/strangled so it really left her no where to go I guess.

48 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The coroner said he was murdered/strangled so it really left her no where to go I guess.

48 minutes ago, Will27 said:

They still had to prove it.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

They still had to prove it.

Don't think it would've been that hard considering she said she found him in the bedroom and said that he'd killed himself.

She knew the jig was up.

Either way, it was an enjoyable series I thought.

Edited by Will27

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

What happened to the good old days when the coppers could smack them around the head with a phone book? Didn't hear much "no comment" then.

It tends to break the Laptop used these days, Phone-Books were not damaged by thick heads.

• Like 1

Four Seasons in Havana.

Currently enjoying this one.

Four episodes (with subs) about 90 minutes each.

Summary: Follow lieutenant Conde as he solves crime, beds beautiful women and navigates the corruption

and politics of his Havana police department.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1