What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 8/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, Daffy D said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but "The Looming Tower" is a gripping thriller. 

A look at how the rivalry between the CIA and FBI inadvertently set the stage for the tragedy of 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6474236/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Given a 8 on IMDB

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed that series. However my neck was stiff for a week due to my head shaking over the gross incompetence of the two agencies.

If you liked that series you may enjoy the movie "Shock and Awe" (2018)

From Metacritic:

"Shock and Awe is based on the true events of Knight Ridder journalists who were the only ones who “got it right” in the lead-up to the 2003 Iraq War when they questioned the true nature of the Bush White House’s justification for the conflict."

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/shock-and-awe

Great cast too!

7 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

However my neck was stiff for a week due to my head shaking over the gross incompetence of the two agencies.

Agree, total incompetence and inter agency petty bickering led to 9-11, Could have been avoided.

"Shock and Awe" sounds interesting will give it a go, though I might have to wait a while for my head to clear from "The Tower" farce.

Another movie on similar lines, though this time they got it right eventually is "Zero Dark Thirty"

A chronicle of the decade-long hunt for al-Qaeda terrorist leader Osama bin Laden after the September 2001 attacks, and his death at the hands of the Navy S.E.A.L.s Team 6 in May 2011.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790885/

• Like 1

Thanks I will look for Zero Dark Thirty.....funny but title seems familiar??   A lot of these US movies I pass by because they usually are nothing but American propaganda however now and then you come across one or two that are actually based on fact and are very good.

You might also like Oliver Stone's "W" (2008). which chronicles George W. Bush floundering his way through his early adult years as a drunk unable to hold down any job his father obtained for him, until  he blundered his way through politics, POTUS, and the Iraq war.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Yet another good one is "Eye in the Sky" with Helen Mirren so you know it's going to be good. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2057392/?ref_=nv_sr_1  

It's an intense film well acted and it really reflects how difficult it gets to give clearance for an attack when an innocent life gets in close proximity to a target.

There is a conflict between human ethics and achieving military objective.
Can 1 innocent life be sacrificed in order to save many? That's the question on which the whole movie revolves around.

Well worth a look.

Yes I have seen it thanks.  So good I may even watch it again!

• Like 1

The Kangaroo gang

Just 2 part Mini series made in 2011---but I enjoyed it a lot----so far I have only seen a download on Chaos

The Blurp

Over two hundred years ago English thieves were sent to Australia as convicts and were left to make do. One hundred and fifty years later, Australian thieves who had perfected their trade, returned to England with remarkable success. They had Scotland Yard baffled, as they didn't use violence to steal from the high end of retail; they used charm and distraction methods instead. This is the story of the most spectacularly successful shoplifting gang in history, who plundered stores in England and Europe in the 1960s and 1970s. The Media named them The Kangaroo Gang. From the mid 1960s, this brazen band of Australian thieves ran riot in London for more than a decade, pulling off the most daring heists England had ever seen. They targeted the plush emporia of Knightsbridge and the fine jewellers of Mayfair. The Gang didnt stop there, criss-crossing Europe to lay siege to the luxury retailers of Paris, Brussels, Rome and beyond. They elevated shoplifting to an art form, practised without guns or violence.

The Style of the documentary is a mixture of high-end reconstructions with a cool sixties vibe, including interviews, personal pictures and archival footage, with narration by Barry Humphries.

• Like 1

Beast 2017.

Had high hopes for this...Jesse Buckley's acting, was the only thing that made me endure this clunky movie, that did have a decent plot, but wasn't directed very skillfully.

Spoiler Alert.

A simply daft, badly acted ending. Could have been considerably better.

Tv Series - Pamela Smart: An American Murder Mystery

Enjoyed this new 3 part series.

Summary: Gregg Smart, a 24-year-old, is found brutally murdered inside the entrance to his condo. An examination into
the investigation that led to finding out if Gregg's wife, Pamela Smart, was the one who orchestrated the murder.

Two great horror movies I've recently watched :-

The Others (2001)

Grace (Nicole Kidman), the devoutly religious mother of Anne (Alakina Mann) and Nicholas (James Bentley), moves her family to the English coast during World War II. She awaits word on her missing husband while protecting her children from a rare photosensitivity disease that causes the sun to harm them. Anne claims she sees ghosts, Grace initially thinks the new servants are playing tricks but chilling events and visions make her believe something supernatural has occurred.

The Witch (2015)

In 1630 New England, panic and despair envelops a farmer, his wife and their children when youngest son Samuel suddenly vanishes. The family blames Thomasin, the oldest daughter who was watching the boy at the time of his disappearance. With suspicion and paranoia mounting, twin siblings Mercy and Jonas suspect Thomasin of witchcraft, testing the clan's faith, loyalty and love to one another.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

On 8/18/2018 at 4:44 AM, ThaiFelix said:

You might also like Oliver Stone's "W" (2008). which chronicles George W. Bush floundering his way through his early adult years as a drunk unable to hold down any job his father obtained for him, until  he blundered his way through politics, POTUS, and the Iraq war.

Oliver Stone is just another kind of propaganda. ?

On 8/18/2018 at 6:44 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Thanks I will look for Zero Dark Thirty.....funny but title seems familiar??   A lot of these US movies I pass by because they usually are nothing but American propaganda however now and then you come across one or two that are actually based on fact and are very good.

Any idea where I can find "W"? Looked at all the obvious sites but can only find it with no seeds or leeches.

27 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

I found it on RARBG a couple of days ago but seems to have disappeared now -  W.2008.720p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG  :sad:

Copies seem to be available at 1337X  - 1337x.to/search/W+2008/1/

:thumbsup:

If you look at the copies on 1337X you will see that they have no S&L's. Never going to download those.

Edited by giddyup

9 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Been out a while but I’m loving Marcella S02 on Netflix. Really dark and twisted, good stuff....

Agree! Marcella 

just found and watched first series on Kodi 

I've just finished watching Jack Irish, the latest series. Very good Aussie crime drama, definitely recommend it.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4905554/episodes?season=2&ref_=tt_eps_sn_2
It's listed on imdb as S02, but on tpb it's S04, as there were earlier full length films, making the labelling somewhat confusing.

Yup, I enjoyed it too.

What made it even more confusing was that there are 3 full length movies ( 2012,2012,2014 ) so where they got S02 or S04 from .....[emoji848]

Tv Series - Guayne AKA Ouro: Amazon Gold

Really enjoyed episode 1 of this French series.
With subs, available on the TPB.

Summary: Vincent, a 20-year old geology student from Paris, goes to French Guyana to do an internship at a gold mining company.
Taken under the wing of local gold lord Antoine Serra, Vincent quickly falls into the much more lucrative and dangerous world of gold trafficking.

Edited by Will27

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv Series - Guayne AKA Ouro: Amazon Gold

Really enjoyed episode 1 of this French series.
With subs, available on the TPB.

Summary: Vincent, a 20-year old geology student from Paris, goes to French Guyana to do an internship at a gold mining company.
Taken under the wing of local gold lord Antoine Serra, Vincent quickly falls into the much more lucrative and dangerous world of gold trafficking.

Is there only one episode available??? It was released last year

33 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

New Street Law

Going back over old stuff that I missed , mainly because I was to busy donating my meager wealth to some Pattaya bar...... But this is quite good only on the first series at the moment---like the actors -BBC set in Manchester

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770620/

Any idea where I can find it? tpb doesn't show anything, youtube appears to have only some short clips.

24 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Any idea where I can find it? tpb doesn't show anything, youtube appears to have only some short clips.

Chaos......If you want Bluesofa, you can PM me your e-mail, (its the only way to join is e-mail) I will write for another membership........downloading from them is always particularly fast

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Chaos......If you want Bluesofa, you can PM me your e-mail, (its the only way to join is e-mail) I will write for another membership........downloading from them is always particularly fast

Thanks for that, a couple of questions first though.

Does it require downloading software, and if so does it support Linux or do I have to run it on Windows (W7)?

Is it free or subscription based?

29 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks for that, a couple of questions first though.

Does it require downloading software, and if so does it support Linux or do I have to run it on Windows (W7)?

Is it free or subscription based?

No...no software-----no payment -free......I dont know about Linux, I am running through windows.

At the moment I have just seen Redit advertising that UKCHAOSTV  has opened its doors for more membership---you can sign up there.